PDA

View Full Version : Bourne Conspiracy joins PS3 'mandatory install' club

Shrygue
June 6th, 2008, 18:55
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=190332)

The Bourne Conspiracy isn't out for a few weeks yet in Europe. That should give PS3 owners time to do some house cleaning on their hard drives, as the game requires 5GB free space to install - and naturally the internet's going barmy.

Previous titles to require free hard drive space include Grand Theft Auto and Devil May Cry. Metal Gear Solid 4 will soon be added to the list. Now, according to Loot Ninja, Jason Bourne is going to join the club.

Considering that Devil May Cry and Metal Gear Solid 4 need around 5 GB of space too, all of those 40 GB PS3's are going to run out of space real fast if you don't keep on top of your HDD management.

Consider yourself warned - get the feather duster out.

lmtlmt
June 7th, 2008, 02:06
gayness in the anus

F9zDark
June 7th, 2008, 07:40
Not a problem for me, since I don't plan on buying that game. The game sucked and the character doesn't even look like Bourne... So whats the point of playing a Bourne game with a character that doesn't look like the titular role?

But these mandatory installs are getting annoying. I understand MGS4 as that game apparently filled a Blu-Ray disc.

jdnation
June 7th, 2008, 21:08
This is bullshit and Sony needs to address this. I can tolerate it if it's a game like MGS4, but other than that it's a ****ing massive amount fo space and developers are just being moronic here... If a game like Uncharted requires only a temporary install then why do a lot of other games like Bourne and Hot Shots Golf and Gran Turismo require this such HDD space?