PDA

View Full Version : New Star Wars character in Soul Calibur IV

Shrygue
June 6th, 2008, 19:55
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=190420)

Namco Bandai has added another Star Wars character to Soul Calibur IV, revealing that Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice from The Force Unleashed will turn up for a ruck.

If you didn't already know, the Secret Apprentice is a character created for this years' Star Wars cross-media event that covers some of the timeline between Episode III and IV. Now, according to GameSpot, he's snuck in to yet other title.

Whilst we're not entirely keen that the Soul Calibur franchise is becoming more and more a just Star Wars fighting game with each passing day, it does mean that there now will be two lightsaber-equipped characters in both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions.

Although given the usual titillation in the series, we wish they'd just put Leia in there.

masterchief929
June 6th, 2008, 21:55
star wars and soul calibur. lol

royvedas
June 6th, 2008, 22:53
why oh why does this series keep having those cameos?

If I want to play a fighting game controlling a Star Wars character - I want my opponents to be Star Wars characters as well - not Bugs Bunny, random irrelevant Tekken-character-clones or the like.

Its just plain stupid - ain't getting my money.

**1_Man_Matrix**
June 8th, 2008, 02:23
I for one, am all for it.

No one complains when there's a random character cameo in a movie...

It's just going to be a nice little addition, I very much doubt it will be the deciding factor for anyone wanting to get into the series, but a nice little addition.

C'mon, who wasn't wrapped to find Darth maul and the Doom guy (Flynn) in Tony Hawks? :D