PDA

View Full Version : On what console is the best Mario game?

VampDude
June 6th, 2008, 23:05
And why?

My simple answer would be that there is at least one great Mario title on every Nintendo console, for me my current favorite is Super Paper Mario on the Wii. But over the years I gained a favorite on each and every Nintendo console, and the one that I have always loved is Mario Bros. on the NES.

EDIT: please can a Staff member add an "N" to SNES, thanks.

JKKDARK
June 6th, 2008, 23:07
The Gamecube had the best Mario games for me.

VampDude
June 6th, 2008, 23:38
For me:

The NES was the beginning of Mario's journey, making Mario Bros. my favorite (although I played Mario Bros.3 more)

The SNES had the best Mario game included with it from it's launch, which was Mario World, no other Mario game on the console could beat it (not even Mario Paint).

The GAMEBOY, Super Mario Land 2, but I would have said Mario Land 3 which also had a title of "Wario Land" so it wasn't a Mario game though he was in a helicopter at the end (not playable).

The N64 was Paper Mario, followed closely by Mario 64.

The GAMECUBE, which I never really had a great deal of games for, I would say Mario Kart Double Dash as it's the only Mario title I own.

On the GBA, Mario Advance 4 cause it was a trip back to a bettered Mario Bros. 3.

On the DS, Mario 64 as it's a different view of the N64 version.

Wii, Super Paper Mario.

I will say the Wii for the best, as in actuality there are 2 games as I never owned Paper Mario on the N64 which I purchased on the Virtual Console a few months before I bought Super Paper Mario for the Wii (Nintendo Virtual Console should be enough to steal my vote).

Dr._Zoidberg
June 7th, 2008, 00:23
The Super Nintendo, Super Mario World was the best MArio game and Yoshi's Island was great as well.

ICE
June 7th, 2008, 00:23
Mario Galaxy for me was the best although I find it impossible to compare it to the 2d games with any confidence.

Eviltaco64
June 7th, 2008, 02:00
i just made a thread exactly like this
anyway i choose the nes

jamotto
June 7th, 2008, 02:26
The nes had the best mario games so far.

VampDude
June 7th, 2008, 02:38
i just made a thread exactly like this
anyway i choose the nes

Yours is about favorite Mario games though, this is about the console of the best Mario game (I took part of the idea from your poll and narrowed down to consoles than the very games themselves). :)

Eviltaco64
June 7th, 2008, 03:18
Oh no! You forgot Virtual Boy!

VampDude
June 7th, 2008, 03:35
Oh no! You forgot Virtual Boy!

I didn't, it wasn't released in Europe plus it never really went too well from it's U.S. release as Nintendo dropped it within the year. The Mario games were horrible, a rumor was that it was pulled due to users getting headaches from playing and it.

Mario Clash

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n304/vampdude/DCEmu/Virtual-Boy/VBMarioClashBox.jpg http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n304/vampdude/DCEmu/Virtual-Boy/VBMarioClash.png

Mario Tennis

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n304/vampdude/DCEmu/Virtual-Boy/Marios_Tennis_screenshot.png

quzar
June 7th, 2008, 04:16
EDIT: please can a Staff member add an "N" to SNES, thanks.

Done.

masterchief929
June 7th, 2008, 04:57
Gamecube cuz mario sunshine was so great. :)

theotherfreakyguy
June 7th, 2008, 05:59
What about PC?

Lol, sometimes fanmade mario is better than others

RV2006
June 7th, 2008, 13:06
The snes just for Super Mario World.
It is the best Mario game ever, and most certainly in my top 10 games of all time!
(Along with Soul Blade/Soul Calibur 2 and Dragon Warrior Monsters (GB))

SnesR0X
June 8th, 2008, 19:50
Super Mario World was a masterpiece, 'nuff said.

ExcruciationX
June 8th, 2008, 21:49
It isn't a rumor, the Virtual Boy does give you headaches. Just playing tenis for an hour on it gives you serious eye strain.