PDA

View Full Version : XRickDS 2.0 released

JKKDARK
June 8th, 2008, 14:49
New version of the port of the Rick Dangerous remake (http://www.portabledev.com/pages/ds/jeuxdev.-perso/xrickds.php) for Nintendo DS.

Changelog:

* New design, new musics (2 musics from RICK II)
* efslib is used to avoid memory pbs
* 4 differents menus adapted for each level
* no more infinite dynamite/munition
* CHEAT mode available like in the AMIGA version( you must find it ;))
* comic book available (replace palette modification)
* new end screens from Lobo
* No more load/save state, too much buggy

Download and give feedback via comments

HaloJ
June 9th, 2008, 13:07
Hey JK,

Not sure if this was a mistake or purposeful but Wraggy normally attaches the file to the post and it is currently missing.

Abs

JKKDARK
June 9th, 2008, 17:07
If I post the file here, people will not visit the official site.

Penguinator
June 10th, 2008, 08:09
If I post the file here, people will not visit the official site.

And who cares about that? The site is in French and it's not really necessary to go there.

JKKDARK
June 10th, 2008, 17:23
More clicks on his site, more support for the author.

DanTheManMS
June 10th, 2008, 23:26
But then if the site goes down, there's no mirror download. That's one of the main reasons I joined DCEmu in the first place, as websites for things like this go down extremely often.

Martok
June 11th, 2008, 17:35
Great game :)

I think there may be a read/write issue with the current version though in that the program possibly isn't tidying and closing properly.

I find that I can use it the first time I put it onto my card and then play. However any subsequent times I try to use it I get the message:

EFS init failed : (...

I've correctly patched the game for my Supercard Lite and I get this message whether I've played the game the first time or simply loaded the game and then switched off. I've even tried the game's reset button before switching off but I still get the same problem.

The only way currently around this is to copy the game again onto the card, which isn't practical to do every time you want to play it.

JKKDARK
June 11th, 2008, 18:53
But then if the site goes down, there's no mirror download. That's one of the main reasons I joined DCEmu in the first place, as websites for things like this go down extremely often.

Don't worry, I have the file on my computer. If the site goes down, I will upload it.

Shrygue
June 11th, 2008, 19:39
Don't be lazy JKKDARK, just attach the file to your post. It's easier for registered users to get it here than off site.

JKKDARK
June 11th, 2008, 19:58
Did you get the permission from the author?