PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Hack Help? (Installer hanging)

Sendaii
June 8th, 2008, 15:05
Hello guys,

I am sorry if this sounds like a n00b's question, this is the first time I've tried to boot homebrew on my Wii.

Anyway, I have the Twilight Hack on my Wii, and whenever I try to boot a homebrew app, the hack constantly hangs at this screen:

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/7172/0806081453oc4.jpg

If you can't see that, it says "start cluster =" and then some numbers that look like hex. It's been hanging at that for 30 minutes now. Does anyone have a solution? My boot.elf is definetly in the root of the SD and is properly labled.

Thanks in advance.

____anders____
June 9th, 2008, 16:46
maybe it's made for the homebrew channel, have you installed the HBC?

i suggest you do that first of all and you can have as much homebrew stuff as you want on your SD card without renaming them to boot.elf..:)

and the best of all: you can continue playing on your Zelda TP gamesave:p:)

Sendaii
June 10th, 2008, 18:44
Nope, it won't work. I can't load anything via the SD slot or the Gamecube memory ports, including the HBC. I thoght that I maybe had a bad chainloader so I downloaded the one from the HBC site. No luck. This is really frustrating, I'm doing everything right and I'm ready to give up =(

____anders____
June 11th, 2008, 00:05
hmm, have you checked that you have the right chainloader version for your zelda game? i guess you have but anyway..:D

do you have FAT (FAT16) filesystem on your sd card?

that's all i can think of right now, i wonder why almost no one tries to help anyone around here anymore...

dahun
June 11th, 2008, 03:56
ur using a "bad" kind of sd card get a sandisk sd card

Sendaii
June 11th, 2008, 19:10
@anders: FAT16 was one of the first things I tried, it didn't work. And yes, I am using the correct chainloader, RVL-RZDP-0A-0 JPN

@dahun: I am using a SanDisk. It may just be that the card is faulty, so I'm gonna see if I can get it to work using a different SD card. It shouldn't be faulty though, it has stored all of my saves OK since launch.

____anders____
June 12th, 2008, 22:37
ok, but you know, maybe homebrew doesn't like the same cards as the official suff does...

keep us updated..:)

mcdougall57
June 17th, 2008, 22:55
so have you tried backing up your saves then slow formatting the card? I've given a link to the official SD card formatter it worked for me it might work for you.

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/sd_formatter.html

just scroll to the bottom of the page and click download

It might even be a problem with the file you downloaded try it from another site and see what happens.