PDA

View Full Version : tomba on psp freezes at loading screen

kaktuz
June 9th, 2008, 17:19
anybody completed tomba on psp? i can't get past of one loading screen, because it doesn't finish loading. anybody else had this problem?
i have tried many cfw

JLF65
June 14th, 2008, 04:34
Nope. Tomba used to hang on the cut scene videos on old versions of popstation, but that was fixed long ago. If you're using a relative recent pops, it may be your rip.

Tomba is great on the PSP. It's like they were made for each other. :)

zexx the reaper
July 4th, 2010, 05:52
anybody completed tomba on psp? i can't get past of one loading screen, because it doesn't finish loading. anybody else had this problem?
i have tried many cfw

I have the same issue. I can't get into the laghing crying forest because it freezes

Pumpkinbot
September 25th, 2010, 05:13
Tomba! did freeze while loading the Mushroom Forest for me before. I think I just redownloaded Tomba!. Really, I forgot what I did. ^-^; This is bound to piss off quite a bit of people, I know. But I can not for the life of me remember what I did.

I think I just redownloaded Tomba! and tried recompressing it. Or something. Whatever I did, I think I had to start all over again because of it. Anyone else wanna try helping these fine gents and/or ladies?

Qmark
September 26th, 2010, 01:31
Rip directly from disc, and it shouldn't have any problems unless the disc is heavily scratched.

JLF65
September 30th, 2010, 02:21
Be sure to set the disc ID code when making the popstation eboot. The emulator looks at the disc ID for specific "fixes" for problems. If you don't set the disc ID and pops is making fixes, you won't benefit as it won't ID the game correctly. That's actually used to get some games working - use the "wrong" ID to force pops to do a fix that makes that game work compared to using the correct ID.

Qmark
September 30th, 2010, 07:04
Be sure to set the disc ID code when making the popstation eboot. There's also that, yes.

However, methinks the opening post was really "I downloadered a PS1 disc image and expect it to work perfectly for free and with minimal effort!!!"

JLF65
October 4th, 2010, 02:58
Which is why I said in my first post that it may be his "rip". :)