PDA

View Full Version : Capcom USA twice "declined" Resi Zero Wii

Shrygue
June 9th, 2008, 18:20
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=190568)

Capcom USA twice passed on bringing the Wii port of Resident Evil Zero to the West, the company has revealed.

When quizzed on its official forums on the Western current release status for Resi Zero Wii, a Capcom spokesperson replied, "Nothing is ever final, but we've been asked twice if we've wanted to bring it Westward and twice we've declined."

The Wii port of the GameCube survival horror prequel is due out in Japan this summer. Apparently with the new Wii control scheme you'll be able to play through the game with just one hand (cough, cough).

By the sounds of things, the reason for the port's US no-show is (according to Capcom) because no one in the West actually liked it:

"There's thousands of used copies on Ebay and at Gamestop and given the outcry against the project when Japan announced it on these boards and others, it's pretty obvious that it's not wanted by gamers here," said the Capcom spokesperson.

Or maybe you just released it on a dieing format?

goshogun1
June 9th, 2008, 20:17
I think this makes sense not to release in the west. Yeah, Resident Evil 4 Wii was pretty cool. But I doubt most people would buy RE0 over again just to use wii-mote controls. After all, most people could buy RE0 gamecube for under $10 if they already haven't. It had better have some new stuff. If not, why bother?

KristenBaldousor
June 9th, 2008, 20:18
The book of resident evil was amazing, and thrilling, being Rebeca the first of the group to encounter the zombies, really, Rebeca is by far my fav RE character, she is the one with more experience of all of them

I'd really like to get this one

JKKDARK
June 9th, 2008, 20:24
I'm sure it will be released in the US if it is a success on Japan.

mikebeaver
June 9th, 2008, 22:48
As JKKDARK says, if this is a success in Japan then Capcom US will possibly bring it to other territories, but they will wait to see before spending any of their budget on the project, it could be a complete waste of time, in which case they will have saved money, which can be better used for other new stuff :)

Mike..

whYeNQue
June 9th, 2008, 23:14
supposedly capcom europe has no plans for it either at the moment.

kingslime80
June 11th, 2008, 03:58
The whole reason I didn't play RE1-3 is because of the awkward control, so I was kinda looking forward to a decent control scheme for this one. Tough luck I guess.