PDA

View Full Version : PSP Slim Homebrew

darkdex52
June 9th, 2008, 21:59
Hello everyone.

Can someone help me? I'm all confused. I have read all the homebrew tutorials, but they're sooooo outdated, that I don't understand a thing. :(

So, here is my problem.

I got a PSP Slim & Lite with the custom firmware 3.90 M33-3. In this example I want to run gpSP. So, I download it, and there come's 2 folders.

-gpSP
and
-gpSP%

and here my problem starts. I don't know what to do with those folders :( . When I place them in my /PSP/GAME or /GAME150/ or /GAME370/ the homebrew won't start giving me an error mesage, differing, like, for example, "The game could not be started. (80020148)".

I have tried to launch it with eLoader, but it just shows an error and restarts eLoader.

what to do??? :(

wertyer
June 9th, 2008, 23:22
You need to download a different version of gpsp. The version you downloaded will only work on fat psps. You downloaded a version that was in 1.5 kernal, which is not supported on a slim unless you use timemachine(which is not worth it just to run 1.5 kernal homebrew). You need to download a version that is in 3.XX kernal. You can tell which kernal its in by the folders. If the eboot is just in one folder called gpsp, then you have the 3.XX kernal version. If it has two folders called gpsp% and gpsp, then you have the 1.5 kernal version. I am pretty sure the latest version is in 3.XX kernal, so just download the latest version and you should be fine.

darkdex52
June 9th, 2008, 23:41
I downloaded the latest version, and it is in one folder, but still it showed that error "The game could not be started. (80020148)"

edit: oh, I got an kai version of gbSP. It now works ^^.

Thanks. Now I have some understanding about it all. So old kernel homebrew won't work with the slim PSP, with the exception of very, very few that do work throu eLoader (I managed to run duke3d and wold3d).