PDA

View Full Version : Wario Land: The Shake Dimension first screens

Shrygue
June 10th, 2008, 18:54
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=190655)

The first screenshots of new Wii game Wario Land: The Shake Dimension have found a way on to the internet. You can look at them below.

Details on the new title are sketchy, but we've been told that the game is an actual disc-based release (as oppose to our first assumption that it was WiiWare) and Europe should see it by the end of 2008.

The Shake Dimension looks like it's the continuation of the Wario Land 2D platforming series that was featured on the Game Boy and Game Boy Advance. If that is the case, it will be the first game in the series since 2001.

Nintendo of Europe hasn't officially confirmed it yet, so we're expecting a confirmation soon. Maybe out at E3.

And if this is the big new E3 announcement Reggie has previously hinted at, we'll cry.

One screenshot (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/viewer.php?mode=article&id=198944)

erickslipkorn
June 11th, 2008, 01:24
for the graphics looks, maybe its for the DS o.o

Shuichi
June 11th, 2008, 02:25
Suprised at the side scroller return but now i'm happy about it cause Wario Land 4 is like the best Wario game ever invented and this looks like it.

Also this looks way better than a DS game use your eyes look at the sprite and the background if it is a sprite.

geise69
June 11th, 2008, 13:12
I really hope this is for the Wii. I'm sure it is. The 2d sprites seem a bit to hi-res for the DS. It's nice seeing games in 2D again, espcially on a next gen system. I am getting tired of 3D and wish 2D games would come back into form. Super Paper Mario was a good start, even though it was partly 3D but still. I'm excited about this release. Time to go play my Saturn and all it's lovely 2D gaming goodness.

sappo
June 11th, 2008, 16:08
I really hope this is for the Wii. I'm sure it is. The 2d sprites seem a bit to hi-res for the DS. It's nice seeing games in 2D again, espcially on a next gen system. I am getting tired of 3D and wish 2D games would come back into form. Super Paper Mario was a good start, even though it was partly 3D but still. I'm excited about this release. Time to go play my Saturn and all it's lovely 2D gaming goodness.

Yeah, it's confirmed that it's for Wii. Nintendo even released the game cover and it's clearly a Wii game :P

HexenDarkside
June 16th, 2008, 06:53
You'll cry if its the E3 announcement? Come on! It'd be nice if we could have this and another surprise game, I admit, but its a new Wario sidescroller! I thought that WarioWare had sealed Wario's 2d scrolling fate. Point being it wouldn't disappoint me if it was the announcement. Wario Land 2 was almost the greatest game for the GB (Narrowly beaten by Pokemon G/S/C.) While its doubtful, a 2D platformer like this on a system like the Wii could result in a super long game.