PDA

View Full Version : The Conduit's Release Date

Shrygue
June 11th, 2008, 20:07
via IGN (http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/880/880900p1.html)

Development studio High Voltage Software yesterday announced a release time frame for its forthcoming Wii first-person shooter, The Conduit. The game is set for a "Q1 2009" debut, according to the company.

High Voltage says it is, "... fusing fast and fluid gameplay with an advanced set of visuals intended to squarely establish the Wii as a true next-generation gaming platform." To that end, the title uses dynamic environment mapping, interactive water with real-time reflection and four-stage texture composition, including gloss, diffuse and bump-mapping.

Meanwhile, the developer confirmed that The Conduit will feature a, "... competitive online multiplayer component," but did not yet offer specifics.

"Too many Wii owners have been told that the Wii is a casual platform with no room for serious games or top-tier graphics," said Eric Nofsinger, chief creative officer at High Voltage Software. "With The Conduit, we intend to prove that theory wrong by providing gamers with the kind of title they imagined back when the platform was first announced."

"The Wii has tremendous potential," said Kerry J. Ganofsky, CEO and founder of High Voltage Software. "We've invested heavily in our technology to make certain that potential is realized with The Conduit."

"Conduit was especially designed for the Nintendo Wii," stated Matt Corso, creative director at High Voltage Software. "From the weapons to armory and graphics, we tailored everything to the Wii which sets this game play apart from anything else on the market right now."

Although publisher interest in The Conduit "has been overwhelming," according to High Voltage, the studio plans to continue evaluating its options in a search for the best possible partner.

____anders____
June 11th, 2008, 21:50
yaaay!

i can't wait for it:)

limming
June 11th, 2008, 23:15
Hell yeah! I didn't know if it would have online but now I know it does! I can't wait for this game.

KristenBaldousor
June 13th, 2008, 05:39
Even if it comes on a $60 dlls price tag is day one purchase for me

maeurd
June 20th, 2008, 21:39
The Conduit will be great, as it will stop the speculations of Wii being a toy rather than a console, and strengthen its "serious gaming" status, as well as the Wii being maybe the ideal console for the next Metal Gear Solid installment, although I know, that's looking pretty far ahead.