PDA

View Full Version : Track & Field DS takes online seriously

Shrygue
June 11th, 2008, 21:01
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=190740)

Konami has sent through a shed load of new screens for New International Track and Field, along with confirmation of what sounds like one of the most comprehensive online modes of any DS game.

Someone's actually captured what looks like nearly every frame of game in stills, and they're all below.

These screens came with details from Konami on the online features to appear in the game. "Using the Nintendo DS Wi-Fi connection, players can link into a server that constantly updates the World Records as and when they are broken," reads the official blurb.

"Global high scores and world rankings are instantly logged and players are kept updated via an innovative News Feed service and regular messaging. Likewise, it is also possible for friends to send predefined messages to each other, ranging from congratulations to taunts when a record is smashed."

"The online service is further extended with players unlocking new characters by registering on the official site www.newtrackandfield.com, while Community Trophies and various rewards are detailed to visitors of the site. Similarly, New International Track and Field also allows up to four players anywhere in the world to get together and compete."

That's pretty extensive online integration for a DS game. The game's out on June 20.

Screenshots (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/viewer.php?mode=article&id=199108)

limming
June 11th, 2008, 23:18
Hopefully the top ranks won't all be hacked.

paul3100
June 12th, 2008, 08:33
Hmmm just had a quick go and its not as i would have likes tbh! touch screen all the way (mine is broken) lol

But its not got the classic Track & Field feel to it

paul

Penguinator
June 12th, 2008, 12:55
That looks quite awful. I'll stick to NesDs and original Track & Field.

Kulawend
June 14th, 2008, 21:46
I really do hope they are going to have some damn good cheating prevention. If not the entire record system that the game is based on will be shattered.

jaws365
June 15th, 2008, 10:59
That looks quite awful. I'll stick to NesDs and original Track & Field.

Agreed :)