PDA

View Full Version : 16 SNK classics in new Wii compilation

Shrygue
June 12th, 2008, 20:35
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=190790)

SNK has confirmed a pretty damn cool list of titles to be included in its new retro compilation title, SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1, headed for Wii as well as PS2 and PSP.

Metal Slug, Samurai Shodown and King of Fighters 94' sit at the top of our favourites list, although if you own a Wii you can already grab all three of those on the UK Virtual Console for 900 Wii Points - about £6.50.

But it's decent news for retro-loving PS2 and PSP owners. Here's the full list, and 16 nostalgic screens below.

ART OF FIGHTING - The first fighting game to introduce the then new Spirit Gauge, Super Special Moves, use of the 'zoom in/zoom out' function and battle damage to the characters faces.
BASEBALL STARS 2 - The sequel to the very popular Baseball arcade game.
BURNING FIGHT - Battle organised crime in the streets of New York in the side
scrolling fighter.
FATAL FURY - The first of SNK's fighting franchises to use the NEOGEO MVS System.
KING OF THE FIGHTERS '94 - This is where the KOF phenomenon began.
KING OF THE MONSTERS - Giant monsters, Destruction and mayhem in Japan.
LAST RESORT - Take on hordes of enemies in the popular futuristic shooter.
MAGICIAN LORD - SNK's classic platformer, pits you as the heroic wizard Elta.
METAL SLUG
this series has long been regarded as the bench mark of side
scrolling purity, now see why!
NEO TURF MASTERS - Can you get a hole in one?
SAMURAI SHODOWN - The first title in SNK's hugely popular weapons based fighter.
SENGOKU - Fight the undead, in feudal Japan.
SHOCK TROOPERS - Fast paced action and lots and lots of bullets in this run and gun adventure.
SUPER SIDEKICKS 3 - We all love football - so does SNK!
TOP HUNTER - In this futuristic platformer, you play as Roddy or Cathy, as you protect the Colonists from the threat of the Space Pirates.
WORLD HEROES - Take on the greatest fighters throughout time in this popular fighter.

Screenshots (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/viewer.php?mode=article&id=199137)

WizardOfOdd
June 12th, 2008, 21:08
Brilliant, love these games :D

JKKDARK
June 12th, 2008, 21:28
king of fighters 94 and Metal slug, that's great :D

goshogun1
June 12th, 2008, 22:21
Thats quite a nice list. I especially like Magician Lord, Baseball Stars 2, and Last Resort. I hope it sells well, because volume 2 would hopefully have more of the later generation neo games.

HI-Saturn
June 12th, 2008, 22:45
I Bought the Ps2 version already and when the Wii verson comes out I'll get it for it also. can't beat that for $15 USD.

Baboon
June 12th, 2008, 23:00
Nice list of games... I'm still holding out though for the homebrew neogeo emu. ;)

KristenBaldousor
June 13th, 2008, 05:47
When we'll be recieving some good games, I wan't my KOF anthology and the new KOF games!!!!!!

Mew
June 13th, 2008, 11:23
you can buy metal slug also via the virtual console

geise69
June 13th, 2008, 13:29
That's a nice list of old school NeoGeo games. I used to own most of those carts for my home AES console. The only thing with some of those games is that they are already on the VC. I guess it's just because it's a quick port from the PS2 version. For that price I will probably pick this up and a nice NeoGeo wii controller for the sake of nastalgia. The closest to the real thing I can get without having to fork over a couple hundred for each AES cart is fine by me.