PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix: 'No Plans' for Star Ocean 4 on PS3

Darksaviour69
June 13th, 2008, 13:39
Square Enix is still playing coy when talking about its exclusivity deals that concern upcoming RPG titles for the Xbox 360.

In a statement made on Yahoo Japan's financial site, the company affirms that there are no plans to release the just-announced Star Ocean: The Last Hope on the PlayStation 3.

This is of course careful wording -- "no plans" -- because it was quite clear at the Microsoft RPG event earlier this week that there was never any announcement of an exclusive release for the Xbox 360 (unlike the trumpeting of exclusivity for Tales of Vesperia and Infinite Undiscovery). Star Ocean 4 will launch in 2009 on the Xbox 360; that's it for now.

Via Wired (http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/06/square-enix-no.html)

JKKDARK
June 13th, 2008, 17:31
That is good to hear. We need exclusive RPG's on 360 :)

wolfpack
June 13th, 2008, 18:15
star ocean 4? hell i havent even beaten the first one yet... looks like ive got some playing to do :D

DPyro
June 13th, 2008, 23:10
Considering SquareEnix is still working on two exclusive Final Fantasy games, I don't see them rushing to make anymore games for PS3.

JKKDARK
June 13th, 2008, 23:17
Considering SquareEnix is still working on two exclusive Final Fantasy games, I don't see them rushing to make anymore games for PS3.

Yeah... spin-offs.

LilSwish722
June 14th, 2008, 03:03
Man. I'm still trying to beat Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time. I need to hurry up and beat so I can get a job and buy the 360 and this Star Ocean lol

The Hombrew Hunter
June 14th, 2008, 04:30
Yeah... spin-offs.

You know what?

It's about time you shut the hell up.

You're disrespecting a /lot/ of fellow members of this site and you're bringing down it's reputation.

Stop with the PS3 bashing. It helps NOTHING.

Zin0099
June 14th, 2008, 07:22
no what has sony done to you square enix?

JKKDARK
June 14th, 2008, 17:40
You know what?

It's about time you shut the hell up.

You're disrespecting a /lot/ of fellow members of this site and you're bringing down it's reputation.

Stop with the PS3 bashing. It helps NOTHING.

Calling a certain game with the words "spin-off" is not bashing.

You can read the Wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spin-off_%28media%29) about the term "Spin-off" if you didn't know about it.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII is a spin-off, not a main game from this franchise.

Thank you.

The Hombrew Hunter
June 15th, 2008, 08:08
Calling a certain game with the words "spin-off" is not bashing.

You can read the Wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spin-off_%28media%29) about the term "Spin-off" if you didn't know about it.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII is a spin-off, not a main game from this franchise.

Thank you.

I meant to quote the previous post you made.

Regardless, all you ever do in this forum is post bash after bash after bash. For example...

Yeah the 360 is owning the PS3 with GTA

Typical comment by Sony.
(in relation to warranty fiasco)

Considering the price of the normal PS3, I don't think it's too different
(In relation to Swarovski Crystal PS3)

I think Gametrailers are doing it right.
(Gametrailers not using max potential on PS3)

haha and people later say that the 360 is full of problems
(Playstation 2.5)

You've degenerated into nothing but a moronic troll.

JKKDARK
June 16th, 2008, 18:17
All these comments are from other previous threads. You're telling me to stop bashing when I'm not bashing.

Nice try. Seriously, nice try.

You still have to explain me how calling a certain game with the word "spin-off" is bashing.

Darksaviour69
June 16th, 2008, 20:19
don't derail the topic, consider this a warning (thats to everyone)