http://i29.tinypic.com/2nq7dkn.png

**** V.2 CHANGES: *********

-Should have fixed all compatiblity issues with PSP PHAT models

- Made process of flashing theme 2 - 3X faster
- Added color selector for XMB date/time
- Added color selector for XMB busy signal
- Added color selector for XMB Battery
- other small bugs fixed

*If you did not install your Firmware with Despertar del Cementerio, you need to use the attached tool by Marce82 to unlock your flash0 files.

Overview:

XMBeditor is a PSP based application that aims to meet the all the needs of the advanced PSP theme enthusiast. Formally, "PSP Wardrobe"; XMBeditor has now taken a new direction. Going from just a theme/mod manager - to now also be a fully capable XMB editing tool.

Now able to edit the binary values of both .prx and .rco files, it now offers a much deeper level of XMB manipulation.

Features:

- For ALL model PSP (PHAT or SLIM)
- Manage unlimited themes
- Manage unlimited xmb mods
- Fullscreen previews for all themes/mods
- audio previews for click sounds/boot sounds
- recovery system runs from app, and M33 Recovery Menu
- XMBeditor creates recovery from your own flash
- backup/restore current xmb theme
- Create-A-Theme
- Flash0 Free Space Manager
- Wallpaper Tool [Set your wallpaper behind your xmb waves]
- Auto Flash0 Optimization for PSP PHAT
- can handle ANY theme (homescreens and all !!)
- Lots of safety checks (firmware, battery, paf decrypted ect...)
- Wave Tool [on/off, speed, size, color, position]
- paf.prx Editor [change text color, size, glow blink rate, ect...]
- will automatically write wallpaper to Flash1, if it's in a theme

DOWNLOAD INCLUDES 5 THEMES, AND HUNDREDS OF XMB MODS WITH ALL GAMEBOOTS REMOVED

DOWNLOAD (http://rapidshare.com/files/122226104/XMBeditor_V2__390_M33_nogameboots.rar)

For a version with gameboot check here:
The Playground
(http://pspplayground.condor.serverpro3.com/index.php?topic=8397.0)

Fr0sTy
June 13th, 2008, 21:53
can't wait to test this out! i love xmb mods. ytmnd!!!

Sterist
June 14th, 2008, 06:34
there is a tricky ``bug创 in the dummy-font-related options.

1. restores dic folder files to the ``font创 folder. flashed to the wrong folder.
2. dummy unneeded fonts option doesn磘 touch fonts, but ``dic创 folder instead. selecting it is the same thing as selecting ``dummy dic files创

Mr. Shizzy
June 14th, 2008, 07:10
there is a tricky ``bug创 in the dummy-font-related options.

1. restores dic folder files to the ``font创 folder. flashed to the wrong folder.
2. dummy unneeded fonts option doesn磘 touch fonts, but ``dic创 folder instead. selecting it is the same thing as selecting ``dummy dic files创

Hmmm... that's odd. I don't see how that's possible:

this is the snippet of code you are referring to:

if pad:cross() and current == 1 then

screen:clear()

PrintCentered(120,"WRITING...",green)
PrintCentered(140,"PLEASE WAIT...",green)
screen.flip()
System.writeFile("data/dummy font/jpn0.pgf","flash0:/font/jpn0.pgf","no")
System.writeFile("data/dummy font/gb3s1518.bwfon","flash0:/font/gb3s1518.bwfon","no")

screen:print(210,135,"DONE !!",red)
screen.flip()
screen.waitVblankStart(90)
end

if pad:cross() and current == 2 then

PrintCentered(120,"WRITING...",green)
PrintCentered(140,"PLEASE WAIT...",green)
screen.flip()
System.writeFile("data/dummy font/apotp.dic","flash0:/dic/apotp.dic","no")
System.writeFile("data/dummy font/atokp.dic","flash0:/dic/atokp.dic","no")
System.writeFile("data/dummy font/aux0.dic","flash0:/dic/aux0.dic","no")
System.writeFile("data/dummy font/aux1.dic","flash0:/dic/aux1.dic","no")
System.writeFile("data/dummy font/aux2.dic","flash0:/dic/aux2.dic","no")
System.writeFile("data/dummy font/aux3.dic","flash0:/dic/aux3.dic","no")

screen:print(210,135,"DONE !!",red)
screen.flip()
screen.waitVblankStart(90)
end

You can see that it clearly does write to the correct folders.

Maybe the compiler I used on the lua files, caused some small bugs ??

Sterist
June 14th, 2008, 11:01
i see that the paths are indeed correct.

did you test the options in question?

maybe the bug, if there even is one, only occurs after using / selecting certain options first.

i made an honest mistake on one count, font dummy DID work, but didn磘 appear to have worked when i checked the size of the dir (3.3mb if i remember correctly, which is because of misplaced files) after seeing the dic folder was still only 6kb. curious lol what do these files do..?

also, the jap and kor dummy fonts from my freespace guide on these forums are considerably lighter than the ones your app installs. (i re-replaced the dummy fonts when i thought it wasn磘 working, and noticed that they were about 15-20kb smaller)

edit: also, the initial back-up process replaced my custom wave with default

edit 2: 1 last thing! if the user deleted any files that your app backs up, the psp gives an error that says something like ``file not found: [file path] Press Start to Restart创

i had to dummy screenshot/about to boot your app.

Mr. Shizzy
June 14th, 2008, 16:52
i see that the paths are indeed correct.

did you test the options in question?

maybe the bug, if there even is one, only occurs after using / selecting certain options first.

i made an honest mistake on one count, font dummy DID work, but didn磘 appear to have worked when i checked the size of the dir (3.3mb if i remember correctly, which is because of misplaced files) after seeing the dic folder was still only 6kb. curious lol what do these files do..?

also, the jap and kor dummy fonts from my freespace guide on these forums are considerably lighter than the ones your app installs. (i re-replaced the dummy fonts when i thought it wasn磘 working, and noticed that they were about 15-20kb smaller)

edit: also, the initial back-up process replaced my custom wave with default

edit 2: 1 last thing! if the user deleted any files that your app backs up, the psp gives an error that says something like ``file not found: [file path] Press Start to Restart创

i had to dummy screenshot/about to boot your app.

Yes. DO NOT delete any files XMBeditor backs up into the Recovery Folder. That is not a bug, those files should not be touched...

Also, the size/contents of the dummy font are irrelevant as well. As the name implies: they are simply dummy files.

I have tested myself, and everything seems to be working fine on my end...

About the wave switching to default during backup process. That is normal. ;) Don't worry about that.
you actually should have the entire xmb at default before you do the backup process anyway... maybe I will build in some kind of safety check on that...

Anyway - thanks for taking the time to try XMBeditor, and more thanks for taking the time to report bugs ect...

Hope you enjoy :)

~shizzy

Sterist
June 14th, 2008, 22:51
Yes. DO NOT delete any files XMBeditor backs up into the Recovery Folder. That is not a bug, those files should not be touched...

Also, the size/contents of the dummy font are irrelevant as well. As the name implies: they are simply dummy files.

I have tested myself, and everything seems to be working fine on my end...

About the wave switching to default during backup process. That is normal. ;) Don't worry about that.
you actually should have the entire xmb at default before you do the backup process anyway... maybe I will build in some kind of safety check on that...

Anyway - thanks for taking the time to try XMBeditor, and more thanks for taking the time to report bugs ect...

Hope you enjoy :)

~shizzy

your warning is short-lived (to me anyway lol) deleting those files causes no harm or danger (and i do not doubt that you know that too), the only reason to "NOT delete" the files is because lua offers no work-around for missing files, giving your app the cold shoulder in the end. i never implied there was a bug involved with this part ^

size -- yes i know, but if saving space is the goal of replacing the fonts, why not save more space at no further loss? :thumbup:

and having file(s) written to my psp's flash without prompting me (or notifying me) is not normal. not in my book.

Kevyboy014
June 15th, 2008, 00:48
Okay, I'm confused... How on earth do you revert back to default XMB setting? There isn't any files in the default theme folder except for the preview Jpeg and some empty folders. Trying to run it from the recovery gives me some weird missing files errors.

So... Any ideas?

Thanks

AdamRav
June 15th, 2008, 20:50
I kinda of messed up but luckily your app makes a backup before anything

so im grateful for that

one question how do i select each thing for example, gameboot, gameboot sound, xmb icons and as such

L + O = SKIP
L + X = DEFAULT

???

any help

MasamuneFF
June 16th, 2008, 17:11
I'm getting an error as I try to boot it up.

"Error: bad argument #3 to 'print' (Color expected, got nil)
Press strart to restart"

I'm using 3.90 M33-3 PHAT, I searched google and found nothing that fixes it. Can anyone help me out here?

dazman
June 16th, 2008, 18:19
reat app, I have had hours of fun with this. only pro is now I have no time for playing games or vids becuase I am busy playing with themes. lol.

Great work!

Wouls have liked to have seen a delete opition to delete themes and mods that I don't like, maybe next version?

Aryn
June 17th, 2008, 19:21
I am definitely pleased by this program so far. It makes flashing most types of theme mods quick and easy, which is important because I like to change my current theme depending on my mood. :)

I do have one complaint, however. When I try flashing a background image in firmware 3.90M33 I always end up with a white background.

In a future version, would adding an option for renaming icons in the XMB be implemented? That feature would be quite useful when using the XMBEL plugin.

AdamRav
June 17th, 2008, 21:01
Does anyone know where you can get more mods ???

Great app by the way

thanks

Rubinho
June 23rd, 2008, 21:26
Hey there.

I have a big problem with the XMB Editor, hope anybody can help me.

Firt of all, it's a really nice and easy to use program for the psp, but I think it happened something wrong.

I was trying to apply the apple mac xbm theme and it works well. But now in the XMB I am not possible to chose any options (f.e. memory stick, options, kamera, .. just everything doesnt work). Only in the left top corner appears something like a little circle, that indicates me probably that it's loading but it doesn't.

How can I get back to my normal XMB? I think the program made a recovery point, but I cannot access to it, since I am not able to access to my memory stick.

Does anyone have a solution for me?

Would be very very thankful! :)

cheers

Rubinho
June 24th, 2008, 16:12
Sorry for doublepost, but I have now uploaded a video showing my problem. I'm sorry for the bad quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFQFz9hXVxM

Thanks again, for any help..

MasamuneFF
June 25th, 2008, 03:22
I'm getting an error as I try to boot it up.

"Error: bad argument #3 to 'print' (Color expected, got nil)
Press strart to restart"

I'm using 3.90 M33-3 PHAT, I searched google and found nothing that fixes it. Can anyone help me out here?

I fixed my problem by switching from 1.50 to 3.90 kernel... Just wanted to mention it in case anyone else has this issue.

minime911
May 29th, 2009, 16:39
its good