PDA

View Full Version : PSPVice v0.2 (Commodore 64 Emulator)

wraggster
October 3rd, 2005, 03:39
Kristof (http://perso.numericable.fr/~ckckck/C64_PSPVice.html) has updated the PSP a port of Vice the Commodore 64 emulator, heres whats new:

Center Screen
Display keyboard and menu improved
Quick Save/load of snapshots (L1/R1)
Virtual keyboard on triangle button.
Square and Circle emulate "space" and "enter" key

Thanks to ditto on EFNET #pspemu for the news.

Download here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspvice.shtml

DrSarcasmo
October 3rd, 2005, 07:43
Installing it now...Thank you, Kristof!! 1.0 worked great with Jumpman...: )

DrSarcasmo

melime
October 3rd, 2005, 07:53
great c64 emu kristof :D :D :D ... crash here and there . where is the sound :eek: :eek: :eek:

Kristof
October 3rd, 2005, 08:19
Thanks guys.

Sound is my next task (as well as fullscreen display)
Will come when I'll have time :)

SmashinGit
October 3rd, 2005, 10:13
Thanks again. Would it be possible to have a clock speed option?

SpecV
October 3rd, 2005, 11:33
I tried hiding the corrupt icon with Sei Tool and the emu wouldn't work. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes even though there is no sound its still an awesome C64 emulator for the PSP. Bruce Lee rocks! Thank you Kristoff!!

Mr.Modem
October 3rd, 2005, 15:32
Nice update Kristof!

gremlin007
October 4th, 2005, 11:54
:confused: I want my C64 on the PSP - Please help!

I tried as described in the Installation Guide to Howebrew und Emulation.

- The EBOOT.PBP-File from the %-Folder only worked! Is this right?

Used the XPloit-Programm putted the folders "C64sys" and "drivesys" to the Vice Folder without % but all I get is "The game could not be loaded".
Do I have to copy the files out of the folder?

Oh yes I have a 1.52 US-PSP - uprgraded to US 2.0 and downgraded it to 1.50

Thank you :)

urchin
October 4th, 2005, 12:30
When you unzip the archive on your PC, you should have two folders: PSPVice and PSPVice%

If you are using windows and your PSP is mounted as e:, simply copy both folders to this location:
e:\PSP\GAME\

(Change drive letter to match your setup). Then start PSPVice from the psp browser.

bobfat
October 4th, 2005, 15:22
just gotta say thanks to urchin for this. Cant wait for a fully fledged c64 emu. I will wait for sound and full screen when ever you sort it.. no rush, just wanted to say many thanks for porting this :)

urchin
October 4th, 2005, 15:59
Heh, my emu is c64psp. we're talking about PSPVice here ;)

c64psp has already has sound - new features coming soon though!

bobfat
October 4th, 2005, 16:58
oh no.. i feel bad now. :(

sorry Kristof, I got all muddled up.

Kudos to both urchin and Kristof.

They are both brilliant.

Kristof
October 5th, 2005, 16:18
Full screen is now available. Can be tested on the current "wip" version :

http://perso.numericable.fr/~ckckck/C64/PSPViceV02b.zip

wraggster
October 5th, 2005, 23:32
nearly missed this release ;)

han
October 5th, 2005, 23:54
Yeap word to both these guys :) But Urchin, do you know i always get crash with Frodo after playing for around 10-15 minutes the same game. It does not really matter what game, any game will crash.

urchin
October 6th, 2005, 08:19
That's a known issue, fixed in the next version. My beta tester and I have had no lockups recently.

Freak
October 6th, 2005, 09:24
Great work Kristof :), looking forward to the addition of sound, but take your time.. no rush ;)

Pagnell
October 6th, 2005, 13:48
Super work. Just sound to go and I will be a happy man! *hat off*

ISOHaven
October 6th, 2005, 22:21
Why is the only thing avilable to download is the exploited PBP? Where is the orginal PBP for us v1.00 users?

SmashinGit
October 7th, 2005, 01:42
Here you go ISOHaven.

ISOHaven
October 7th, 2005, 02:25
Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You

Based on the keyboard I'm guessing this is .2 and not .2b? Just wondering. At least I can use it now and don't need anything else until sound is available.

I agree with everyone. This rocks! Ah...the memories!

SmashinGit
October 7th, 2005, 02:37
This is the latest version .2b.

ISOHaven
October 7th, 2005, 02:42
Hum... shouldn't the keyboard be brown then?

http://perso.numericable.fr/~ckckck/C64_PSPVice.html

Other then that I can't tell what the differences are between .2 and .2b.

SmashinGit
October 7th, 2005, 02:54
I just checked it to make sure I uploaded the right version, its definatly the latest beta release.

ISOHaven
October 7th, 2005, 04:02
I just saw this on **********:

"Great job! And I'm glad he fixed the keyboard back to normal in this version! Can't wait for sound!"

So now I guess v.2 had the new keyboard and then v.2b had the original keyboard.

Thanks again!!!

ISOHaven
October 7th, 2005, 22:57
Very odd. I've never come across this before. While my games do run, not all of them run properly. For example while playing M.U.L.E. the game bugs out at the end so it never finishes. Also the auctions (going up and down) don't work properly.

Suggestions::
1. It seems as if the save states are in memory? I'm not seeing any files being written to the memory stick and they are no longer available if you exit th app. So anyway, if and when you do start writing them to stick would it be possible to prefix the file name with the name of the game loaded. For example if I'm playing MULE.D64 then the save game file could be MULE001. That way at least one save per game would be available.

2. Saving is something that needs to be done quickly. So the save button works great. However loading doesn't really matter. So far I've accidently bumped that button moving around and ruined a game I was playing three times! Oops! What if a one or two second delay was put on that button? So if it gets bumped, nothing will happen.

kuschelberg
October 9th, 2005, 09:11
how can i hide the annoying corrupted image from the menu? if i use the sei psp tool pspvice doesn't start after hiden the corrupt image. if i rename the dirs by hand i got the same result. any hints?

ataribob
October 9th, 2005, 19:58
c64PSP v0.2 does not even have full screen support or save states.But looks nice and has sound

PSPVice v0.2 has nice full scrren support and sudo save support .
Be the number one emulator with sound and real save support

Philip James
October 9th, 2005, 20:00
I have a jap 1.00 version psp and cannot get this emu to work. Can someone please give me a step by step guide and how you get this emu working. thank you.

ataribob
October 9th, 2005, 20:18
I have a jap 1.00 version psp and cannot get this emu to work. Can someone please give me a step by step guide and how you get this emu working. thank you.

http://www.psp-hacks.com/downloads.php

Get the SeiPSPTool.exe (sp Toolv.5)

Extract the C64 on your c drive in a folder
Then use SeiPSPTool.exe (whole folder) Don't hide folder

E3Marcus
October 10th, 2005, 07:27
I have a question. How do I play a game that uses multiple cartridges? I'm trying to play The Magic Candle and it has 2 cartridges with 2 sides (A and B, sides 1 and 2). When I run cartridge A side 1, it plays perfectly and it asks me about an autoloader so I naturally click yes. After the introduction it tells me to insert side 4. I'm confused so I just load cartridge B side 2 but it says that the deck runs and is ready but nothing after that happens. Does anyone know to fix this problem? I even tried cacheing the disk (or whatever that option is called) but still nothing special happens.

Help please.

grasstust
October 31st, 2005, 15:56
Just wanted to say that the 2.0B version (the other doesn't) of PSPVice works on 2.0 firmware with Fanjita's Eboot Loader 0.7. There seems to be a problem if too many games are present in the program folder, tho'.

Thanx a bunch for making a great C64 emulator also available for us 2.0 users!

Now, back to Impossible Mission...

-- gT.

viking73
November 4th, 2005, 20:32
i hope Kristof will solve audio bugs as soon as possible because actually pspvice is the best emu for c64... full screen and load every game and most common file types (t64,d64 and tap)... i got from him a beta version with sound and he's making a good job but sound is far to be perfect... (noises and slow down most during tap loading... if you remeber tap is the original loading tape format that need a wait of 2 3 minutes to load the game but most loader have music and screen picture while loading and also minigames to play while you wait for loadfing... is for nostalgic people)... however keep going kristof and thanks for your emu...

iqcumber
November 6th, 2005, 15:38
hi peoples, let me say how amazing it is to be able to play the old c64 games on my psp - it rocks! Impossible mission is so beautiful. a friend of mine completed it on my pc running ccs64 - man he's still damn good at it. Fascinating to watch.

Now, my dream is to be able to play Thrust on psp, which is tricky because it's keyboard control only. So... will there ever be the ability to map the keyboard keys in order to play this game? X=shift, right trigger=return, right directional pad=s, etc. Is that possible?

I can do it on PC but THAT'S NOT ENOUGH! psp, psp, all the way!

Never has thrust been beaten at what it does so well. It is my idea of a perfect game. Damn hard, especially on reverse gravity (still have never completed reverse gravity) but man, you can do tricks an' all.

Thrust, Impossible Mission, and Wizball. The c64 is the only place to have these fantastic game experiences.

yes, I agree with the "hats off" guy - hats off to both urchin and kristof! we wish you the very best!

bubbamc119
November 7th, 2005, 07:44
iqcumber: I think you'll find that Wizball is on the Amiga, and a much better Wizball than the c64 ver. Load that up on your psp with pspuae ;)

viking73
November 7th, 2005, 16:39
pspuae is too slow... is not a good emu... it's very strange... neogeo has the same processor of amiga and is most powerful hardware and the emu iks perfect... instead uae has frame skip and slow down during music... actually pspuae it's unplayable... so better to play on c64 with c64psp with sound.... pspvice will be perfect when they solve all the audio bugs and will be the best c64 emu on psp for sure...

vincesecuricor2005
November 7th, 2005, 19:31
hit me with some full screen action though its a damn waste of a sexy screen

ISOHaven
November 25th, 2005, 04:50
Same deal as with version .2. I need the unexploited PBP. Does anyone have a .3 PBP that will work with a version 1.0 PSP?

I tried using SeiPSPTool and it didn't work.

Thanks in advance!

bodhee
November 27th, 2005, 17:01
Hi and thanks for all you hard work on this emu! Just a quick question.. I have gotten curse of the azure bonds up and running without a problem but then when i try to save, no dice.. it actually saves the game to disk, but when i try to load from it it loads from the preivious save.. i know its not a problem witht he save disk because it saves no problem on vice 64 on my pc.. any idea why this might happen? shame because i was so pumped to actually get it running only to have the saves busted? thanks!