PDA

View Full Version : Contest is over, now VOTE for your favorite reviewer!

bandit
June 16th, 2008, 14:04
http://games-reviews.dcemu.co.uk/contest/contestbanner.jpg (http://games-reviews.dcemu.co.uk/)

The DCEmu Games Reviews Contest - WIN 1 of 4 iTOUCHDS IN REVIEW CONTEST (http://games-reviews.dcemu.co.uk/dcemu-games-reviews-contest-win-1-of-4-itouchds-in-review-contest-112254.html) is OFFICIALLY over. There has been a lot of submissions with lots of great reviews. Now its time for you, to vote for your favorite reviewer. The top four reviewers will win a iTouchDS! To read the reviews submitted, check out the Games Reviews Forum (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=285) and User Submitted Reviews Forum (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=248). DO NOT VOTE BASED ON POPULARITY. Read the reviews and vote on who you feel did a good job and provided a good review.

If you missed out on this contest, dont worry! We'll have another contest up. Have ideas on what the contest should be? Let us know!

So what are you waiting for? Click HERE (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=117052) to vote! Poll will close on June 23rd.

http://games-reviews.dcemu.co.uk/contest/itouchcontest.jpg

JKKDARK
June 16th, 2008, 15:23
Triv1um

fg-54
June 16th, 2008, 21:24
shadowblind ;)

____anders____
June 16th, 2008, 22:27
i made Shadowblind reach 50%:D (for now:p)

Joe88
June 16th, 2008, 23:47
Please dont let this turn into a popularity contest
View all reviews by the members before voting

and dont vote for some one just because you seen them around the fourm before

zzt
June 17th, 2008, 01:19
Above all, I just hope that my review help those who needed it (even though I only wrote 1 review :rolleyes: , been busy).

bandit
June 17th, 2008, 13:51
In case there is a tie, I and/or staff will choose who will get the prize based on quality of the review.

____anders____
June 17th, 2008, 15:14
i've read all the reviews..
just so you know.

post 600:)

fg-54
June 18th, 2008, 01:29
wow nice one ___anders___, not many people are willing to read ALL the reviews before voting.

DDRmantis
June 18th, 2008, 03:45
i would have voted for shadowblind, but he already won, my vote would be more usefull to BLANK

RolandRd
June 18th, 2008, 08:42
Voted For Joe

bandit
June 18th, 2008, 13:45
i would have voted for shadowblind, but he already won, my vote would be more usefull to BLANK
Very smart. It seems SB is way ahead so I dont think he would have a problem at all. Giving your vote to another deserving reviewer is a great thing to do. Wish more people were like you.

Shadowblind
June 18th, 2008, 15:58
Very smart. It seems SB is way ahead so I dont think he would have a problem at all. Giving your vote to another deserving reviewer is a great thing to do. Wish more people were like you.
:D

Thx all for the votes!

PS Voted for fg-54. Would've voted for Joe88 otherwise, both great reviewers.

Triv1um
June 18th, 2008, 16:12
Lol, i havent got a chance with my 1 single review that is pushed down the bottom :P Never mind it was fun to write.

I vote ninja.

Good luck to everyone. And well done shadow ;) You seem to be doing uber well. Haha

WhizzBang
June 18th, 2008, 16:13
There were loads of entries and I didn't read them all, so I felt my vote was a little unfair on the others, but I voted anyway.

Generally, a fairly high standard though.

bandit
June 18th, 2008, 16:40
But as always, just because there is no contest, this shouldnt stop anyone from continuing to post reviews. Posting reviews not only helps DCEmu but also brings the community closer.

So if you played a game or accessory, post a review on it and share it with others.

Triv1um
June 18th, 2008, 16:46
But as always, just because there is no contest, this shouldnt stop anyone from continuing to post reviews. Posting reviews not only helps DCEmu but also brings the community closer.

So if you played a game or accessory, post a review on it and share it with others.

Indeed, im going to start reviewing all my PS3 games. Because the PS3 reviews are lacking.

I'm reviewing MGS very soon.

Shadowblind
June 18th, 2008, 17:31

I did it before, I did it during, and I don't plan to stop after. Miniviews shall live on as simply Reviews. Unfortunately, I haven't found a new game to play since NG2, so it may be slow from me...

pibs
June 18th, 2008, 17:43
I voted for SB,ive enjoyed his reviews even though theres somethings in them I don't agree with them it mostly always balances out.

Any chance of you doing a Bad Company review? when it comes out of course lol

Shadowblind
June 18th, 2008, 18:24
I voted for SB,ive enjoyed his reviews even though theres somethings in them I don't agree with them it mostly always balances out.

Any chance of you doing a Bad Company review? when it comes out of course lol
Sure. I rent practically all of my games so I'll try it out. I played the demo, and multiplayer feels like Frontlines. I haven't tried singleplayer out just yet, but I like the music style (hint)

PS thx for the vote :o

fg-54
June 18th, 2008, 18:46
wow cool! looks like I am still one of the top four so far, I really hope I win. thanks to whoever voted for me!:D:D:D I will try to make more reviews.....but I am kinda out of games for right now, currently playing pokemon diamond, maybe I will review that one after I am done with it.

looks like the top four are pretty even, eccept for a HUGE difference with shadow:

fg-54: 4 votes

Joe88: 4 votes

Shadowblind: 14 votes

Triv1um : 4 votes

nice going shadow, you are sure to be a winner:thumbup:

bandit
June 18th, 2008, 18:48
Indeed, im going to start reviewing all my PS3 games. Because the PS3 reviews are lacking.

I'm reviewing MGS very soon.
I'm still on Act II. Its a god damn great game. Probably the longest game I played in years!

I did it before, I did it during, and I don't plan to stop after. Miniviews shall live on as simply Reviews. Unfortunately, I haven't found a new game to play since NG2, so it may be slow from me...
Thank you for your continued support. So as long people are contributing, it doesnt matter how long it takes to review.

I got the BETA key for Tom Clancy's EndWar. I might give that a shot and give a mini-review/impression on it.

Masta_mind257
June 18th, 2008, 20:15
I hope this doesnt turn into a popularity contest

everybody who votes "please reads all the reviews" before voting
and dont just vote for somebody because you have seen him around the fourm before and you like him

im not saying to people above, this is just to everybody in general, who are going to vote

*cough*http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=91191*cough*

Triv1um
June 18th, 2008, 20:27

Thats terrible!

I vote disqualification.

Play fair guys.

Its better to loose fairly, than to win unfairly. C'mon.

(edit - Wow, isn't it amazing how Joe's vote count flys up. Just like magic. Amazing)

DDRmantis
June 18th, 2008, 21:36
wow cool! looks like I am still one of the top four so far, I really hope I win. thanks to whoever voted for me!:D:D:D I will try to make more reviews.....but I am kinda out of games for right now, currently playing pokemon diamond, maybe I will review that one after I am done with it.

looks like the top four are pretty even, eccept for a HUGE difference with shadow:

fg-54: 4 votes

Joe88: 4 votes

Shadowblind: 14 votes

Triv1um : 4 votes

nice going shadow, you are sure to be a winner:thumbup:

no prob fg! if ya know whatta mean? you gotz my vote! and i hopez you end up as one of the winners!

PS: WOW! nice catch Triv1um! lolz!

bandit
June 18th, 2008, 22:06
I hope this doesnt turn into a popularity contest

everybody who votes "please reads all the reviews" before voting
and dont just vote for somebody because you have seen him around the fourm before and you like him

im not saying to people above, this is just to everybody in general, who are going to vote

Nice catch.

Thats terrible!

I vote disqualification.

Play fair guys.

(edit - Wow, isn't it amazing how Joe's vote count flys up. Just like magic. Amazing)
Although in my initial announced about the contest, I mentioned to those to inform others to vote. However, Joe88 contradicted himself. He tells others to read other reviews before voting, but he only links to his reviews. I will be PMing him to remove or edit his post on GBATemp.

If you want to spread the word on the voting, do so. But play fair and respect others by posting the Games Reviews Forum (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=285) and not to your links only.

If anyone else finds anything like this, feel free to PM me.

Joe88
June 18th, 2008, 22:10
Thats terrible!

I vote disqualification.

Play fair guys.

what?

This whole contest is too spread the word about DCemu
Though GBAtemp isnt exactly happy about that

Thats all im doing ;)

im sorry about that, I will get the post removed
it was locked anyway within 5 mins of I made that post there
so I dont actually know it people voted from there

JKKDARK
June 18th, 2008, 22:14
You're telling them to vote for you...

Triv1um
June 18th, 2008, 22:16
And also, the votes jumped from 4 to 9 in about 20 mins.

If you want to play that game, i will.

But i want it to be fair.

Joe88
June 18th, 2008, 22:26

Your Right

Im sorry to all people that are doing it fairly
I should have posted everyone's review there
and asked the people to vote for the best (probably would have still got locked anyway though[advertising])

I have requested the thread be deleted at gbatemp

Again im sorry to everyone, and I did as exactly as I said I wouldn't in my first post in this thread :(

bandit
June 18th, 2008, 23:49

And also, the votes jumped from 4 to 9 in about 20 mins.

If you want to play that game, i will.

But i want it to be fair.
I dont mind people spreading the word about the contest/reviews and having people vote but if you're going to do that, be fair and link to the Games Reviews forum or http://games-reviews.dcemu.co.uk so others can read the reviews of others (best to link to homepage).

I'm going to need to figure out another way of doing this voting for future contests.

Joe88
June 18th, 2008, 23:54
Yes im sorry, I should have posted everyone's review(s)
that thread is now deleted

DDRmantis
June 19th, 2008, 00:10
well it looks like i didn't get hurt from all of this drama, and after all, isn't that what REALLY MATTERS?;)

bandit
June 19th, 2008, 00:17
Yes im sorry, I should have posted everyone's review(s)
that thread is now deleted
Lesson learned...now back to the votes and reviews!

Chaos Zero
June 19th, 2008, 02:23
I'll vote....

Voted.

fg-54
June 19th, 2008, 02:49
well it looks like i didn't get hurt from all of this drama, and after all, isn't that what REALLY MATTERS?;)

oh yes, I don't know WHAT I would do if something happened to you mantis, i just don't know.:(;)

Joe88
June 19th, 2008, 09:55
http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/profile-891.html
(the same sig is also on gba temp, you have to be logged in to see it...)

Im fairly spreading the news about the contest now
it links to everyone's review (and not just mine :o )
the pic goes to this thread and the text tells them to read reviews and then vote for best

Shadowblind
June 19th, 2008, 13:25
Lesson learned...now back to the votes and reviews!

Lord. You should know that there is a difference between spreading the word of DCEmu and basically tallying votes for yourself among your friends.

How disappointing. Don't expect me to be "spreading the word" of DCEmu anytime soon.

DDRmantis
June 19th, 2008, 17:36
i don't think you would need to shadow, you are winning by alot!

Joe88
June 20th, 2008, 00:46
Lord. You should know that there is a difference between spreading the word of DCEmu and basically tallying votes for yourself among your friends.

How disappointing. Don't expect me to be "spreading the word" of DCEmu anytime soon.

I said I was sorry, I got the thread deleted
I learned my lesson as bandit said, I wont be doing that anymore.

and im spreading the news about the contest legit now
Im not saying vote for me, just says read all reviews and vote for best reviewer

DDRmantis
June 20th, 2008, 00:52
i just saw the movie "Kung-Fu Panda" and it had the best beginning in a movie that i have ever seen! it was amazing! and over all the movie was pretty good too. hey! can we review movies? that would be cool, i would review Kung-Fu Panda.

PS: THERE WAS NOT ENOUGH PRAYING MANTIS KUNG-FU IN THAT MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe88
June 20th, 2008, 03:01
^most random post in a thread ever

wwwaaallleee
June 20th, 2008, 22:05
i finally found it! i was informed of this contest and asked to read reviews and vote.......do i have to read ALL the reviews? that will take forever. :/

EDIT: WOW! i can see why shadowblind is winning. he is quite the reviewer, but as bandit said, shadowblind won't be having any trouble winning, and i should give my vote to someone eles, let me see who ELES deserves MY MIGHTY ELECTRONIC VOTE!

EDIT: this is tough, i can't decide between two reviewers.......wish i had two votes. BUT! onward we shall go! let the voting continue!

fg-54
June 21st, 2008, 01:09
wwwaaallleee? as an "wall-E"? (don't know how to do the dot in the middle)

EDIT: a movie review section would not be a bad idea at all mantis, well thought, if it ever comes up, I would also support it.

Shadowblind
June 21st, 2008, 20:53
I thought the poll was supposed end on the 21st. Why did that change?

fg-54
June 21st, 2008, 21:21
well it pretty much ended three days after it started when you, Joe88,Triv1um, and I got votes, we have been winning from the beginning. though the faster it closes the better because I have to go to Colombia on July 6th, and I would not mind having an i-thouch ds for the big trip, and while I am there too, there is not much to be done in Colombia that I didn't already did while I lived there.

bandit
June 22nd, 2008, 01:15
I thought the poll was supposed end on the 21st. Why did that change?
It has always been the 23rd. I started the poll on the 16th while I was at work and it lasts for 7 days.

well it pretty much ended three days after it started when you, Joe88,Triv1um, and I got votes, we have been winning from the beginning. though the faster it closes the better because I have to go to Colombia on July 6th, and I would not mind having an i-thouch ds for the big trip, and while I am there too, there is not much to be done in Colombia that I didn't already did while I lived there.
Since you live in the US, you'll have it before your trip. I'm in New York. Hopefully those who win, is in the US. Cheaper in shipping since I'm not getting paid for any of this.

fg-54
June 22nd, 2008, 02:21
It has always been the 23rd. I started the poll on the 16th while I was at work and it lasts for 7 days.

Since you live in the US, you'll have it before your trip. I'm in New York. Hopefully those who win, is in the US. Cheaper in shipping since I'm not getting paid for any of this.

W00T! SWEET! I CAN'T WAIT!:thumbup: now I won't be stuck in Colombia watching American tv horribly lip synced to spanish, and old comedy mexican shows that should have been taken off years ago such as "el chavo del ocho" (the kid of the eight) that was the FIRST Mexican comedy show to be made..........that was YEARS ago when there was ony one channel on tv! instead, I will be playing homebrew, I heard that crayon physics is good on the ds.:D

Shadowblind
June 22nd, 2008, 02:49

Do you think you would be able to ship it to WV before the 27th? Im on a trip to here and bored out of my mind. Im even typing this through Dial up...

Joe88
June 22nd, 2008, 03:40

Im in NY also :thumbup:
staten island

fg-54
June 22nd, 2008, 03:53
you two are in New York? me too! and shadowblind only lives 20 minutes away from New York, he comes and visits me all the time! lol jk!just looking for an excuse to post, I am bored right now :(

EDIT: by the way bandit, I bid my mom $10 that the I-touch ds would actually come, she thinks this is just another one of those "YOU ARE OUR 100,000th VISITOR! YOU WIN OUR GRAND PRIZE!" type of contests, but YOU SIR, will make me $10 richer ;) that is if when the contest is over I am still winning, anything could happen in two days.

Joe88
June 22nd, 2008, 04:37
Ive been getting a ton of stuff for free in the mail recently
best prize ever was the Zune 30GB >:3

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9215/37642756rb5.jpg

all courtesy of Microsoft Live Search Club

my parents also thing its a scam or something
but its actually run by microsoft so that somewhat proved it was legit...

Shadowblind
June 22nd, 2008, 04:42

Sigh...the only free thing I want NOW (excluding the iTouch) is the tales f vesperia demo. But its only on Japanese XBL and I don't even have connection here. :(

Well at least the iTouch will be the high point of my week, if it can get delivered here in time...

fg-54
June 22nd, 2008, 05:02
NO! YOU SIR ARE NO FRIEND OF THE POETRY! the only thing I want for free is everything, wish I could have super models for free, but they are usually quite expensive. I also wish for free games, free movies, free money, free houses, and free magic so that i can get even MORE things for free.......including shape shifting soft robots that will do whatever I want them to, think about that one for a sec, and you will get it, they are soft, listen to you, and can turn into anything you want them to......maybe even a super hot woman?

bandit
June 22nd, 2008, 07:28
W00T! SWEET! I CAN'T WAIT!:thumbup: now I won't be stuck in Colombia watching American tv horribly lip synced to spanish, and old comedy mexican shows that should have been taken off years ago such as "el chavo del ocho" (the kid of the eight) that was the FIRST Mexican comedy show to be made..........that was YEARS ago when there was ony one channel on tv! instead, I will be playing homebrew, I heard that crayon physics is good on the ds.:D

Do you think you would be able to ship it to WV before the 27th? Im on a trip to here and bored out of my mind. Im even typing this through Dial up...

Im in NY also :thumbup:
staten island
If you win, I'll have it shipped out the 24th, so as long I get your mailing address by the 23rd or 24th.

Shadowblind, I'll be shipping first class. If WV is West Virginia, it may be there in 3-4 days. Cant guarantee.

Those who win and want quicker shipping, I can ship via 2-3 USPS Priority Mail but you'll have to cover shipping on that (about $6). This should get to you by the 27th or on the 27th

Joe88, you should have yours in 1 day.

you two are in New York? me too! and shadowblind only lives 20 minutes away from New York, he comes and visits me all the time! lol jk!just looking for an excuse to post, I am bored right now :(

EDIT: by the way bandit, I bid my mom $10 that the I-touch ds would actually come, she thinks this is just another one of those "YOU ARE OUR 100,000th VISITOR! YOU WIN OUR GRAND PRIZE!" type of contests, but YOU SIR, will make me $10 richer ;) that is if when the contest is over I am still winning, anything could happen in two days.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9215/37642756rb5.jpg

all courtesy of Microsoft Live Search Club

HAHAHA. No sir, I'm not a scam. Even if I was, you're not losing anything. You'll get your item considering I held the contest and received them from M3/iTouch.

I cant do that to fellow DCEmu'ers.

Joe88
June 22nd, 2008, 09:17
I know you wouldnt :)
I was just saying my parents and such as fg-54 said

Shadowblind
June 22nd, 2008, 19:00

Right now I'm about 14 hours away from you, much less 20 minutes ;)

Non-vacation about 6 hours.

PS: fg, call b00zey and ask how to get a Japanese 360 LIVE account. Download Tales of Vesperia demo and TELL ME HOW AWESOME IT IS!

As for free things in the mail, I can never trust those things. Too paranoid.

fg-54
June 23rd, 2008, 02:12
Right now I'm about 14 hours away from you, much less 20 minutes ;)

Non-vacation about 6 hours.

PS: fg, call b00zey and ask how to get a Japanese 360 LIVE account. Download Tales of Vesperia demo and TELL ME HOW AWESOME IT IS!

As for free things in the mail, I can never trust those things. Too paranoid.

shadow, the demo is fine, great beginning, the voice overs are clear but bad, they sound like grown ups talking clearly to a baby to make sure he understands each word individually.

ThreadToForget
June 23rd, 2008, 12:51
I voted for DimensionT, because I would've never played Bahamut Lagoon had I not read his review!

I understand I pretty much walked in and signed up to pretty much just vote, but I ran across this poll and decided I should finally show how much I actually appreciated that review :D
I usually don't like posting on forums.. I just roam around through them :/

Thank you DimensionT :D

Joe88
June 23rd, 2008, 21:10
I usually don't like posting on forums.. I just roam around through them :/

lurk moar

also it seems the polls have changed
so what is gonna happen now?

DimensionT____7___13.21%
fg-54_________6___11.32%
Joe88________13___24.53%
Shadowblind___17___32.08%
Triv1um_______7____13.21%

JKKDARK
June 23rd, 2008, 21:38
lurk moar

also it seems the polls have changed
so what is gonna happen now?

DimensionT____7___13.21%
fg-54_________6___11.32%
Joe88________13___24.53%
Shadowblind___17___32.08%
Triv1um_______7____13.21%
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=117730

Triv1um
June 23rd, 2008, 21:43
The top 4 are -

Me
DimensionT
you
Shadow

And Bandit has kindly given fg-54 a prize too.

Those 5 are the 5 that won.

Joe88
June 23rd, 2008, 21:51
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=117730

oh sorry didnt see that thread >_<

glad fg-54 still won :)

bandit
June 23rd, 2008, 23:15
The top 4 are -

Me
DimensionT
you
Shadow

And Bandit has kindly given fg-54 a prize too.

Those 5 are the 5 that won.

oh sorry didnt see that thread >_<

glad fg-54 still won :)
Yes. I could of left him out but I also could of included him. But since he did a wonderful job of contributing, I thought it would be best to include him and send him a prize.

We here at DCEmu recognize users for their hardwork and contributions. Its the users that help bring the community together as well as helped us to get where we are today.

fg-54
June 23rd, 2008, 23:47
Lol, i havent got a chance with my 1 single review that is pushed down the bottom :P Never mind it was fun to write.

I vote ninja.

Good luck to everyone. And well done shadow ;) You seem to be doing uber well. Haha

this is a contest for quality not quantity, so the fact that you only have one review makes no difference as long as that one review is good ;) and you did it.:thumbup:

Shadowblind
June 23rd, 2008, 23:51
DimensionT____7___13.21%

What a joke.

These contests don't seem to work right. I'd advise not doing another one, at least for a while. Your call though, free stuff is never too far down my list :o

Great reviews came out of it though, out of many different gamers. So I guess it actually worked what it was supposed to. And thanks bandit for always doing the good thing during the contest. With all that happend I probably wouldn't have known what to do.

fg-54
June 24th, 2008, 00:48
What a joke.

These contests don't seem to work right. I'd advise not doing another one, at least for a while. Your call though, free stuff is never too far down my list :o

Great reviews came out of it though, out of many different gamers. So I guess it actually worked what it was supposed to. And thanks bandit for always doing the good thing during the contest. With all that happend I probably wouldn't have known what to do.

Yes, it DOES seem a bit suspicious that dimensionT got seven votes on the LAST day, just enough to come in fourth place and win an I-touch ds. normally about three more votes were added each day......not seven, what is even MORE strange, is that ALL votes were given to dimensionT.

DDRmantis
June 24th, 2008, 00:57
wow! i was sure that the winners were going to be (in order by amounts of votes):

shadowblind

Joe88

triv1um

fg-54

when did DimensionT get THAT many votes?

Joe88
June 24th, 2008, 02:44
also it happened during a 6-7 hour time period
I was watching it during the night yesterday for new posts and such,
then I come here around 4PM the next day and see all the votes which is why I posted on the page before

DimensionT
June 24th, 2008, 03:11
I have a feeling what might've happened, but I don't think I'm at fault.

I had barely found out that I was in the polls last night... When I did, I told my friend. Not in the "Hey come vote for me way", but in the "Hey, check it out. I had a chance to win an iTouch and didn't even know" kind of way. When I checked back a little later on, I already had 5 votes.

As for the other two, I don't really know. That ThreadToForget guy could be one of them (thank you by the way).

Nearest I can figure is my friend asked some people to vote for me, knowing that I had lost my supercard not too long ago.

Either way, I'm sorry. If you guys want to pass my prize along to someone else, I'll completely understand. I'd much rather lose then cause any trouble here.

EDIT: I have to agree with ShadowBlind. When I saw the thread, I didn't think there would be a prize offered in this way. Votes could be easily swayed (which may very well have been the case with me).

If you ask me, I think it should be voted upon only by certain people. Get a group of 10 or so people, who each vote for who they think should get 1st, 2nd and 3rd. People with the most votes win, as always.

This would be fair, and alot more safe.