PDA

View Full Version : Conduit dev wants Wii voice-chat

Shrygue
June 16th, 2008, 18:53
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=191014)

Dan Kaufman, the lead game designer of Wii first-person shooter The Conduit, has said that he hopes to include voice chat in multiplayer.

"We are exploring the possibility for voice chat," Kaufman said in a QA posted on the game's official website. "It is too early to make any promises along these lines, but we agree it could make the game even better!"

To state the obvious, the main problem with voice chat on the Wii is there isn't a microphone to chat into. We'd assume then that The Conduit would have to ship with a microphone peripheral to do it. And you'd have to somehow get that past Nintendo.

Kaufman also said the game will include three competitive multiplayer online modes, a single-player experience that would cater to several types of first person shooter players, and would only include one "mini-game."

Sounds promising.

____anders____
June 16th, 2008, 22:00
yes!

this game gets better and better, just friggin awesome!:)

EDIT: heey!
you fixed the system malfunction stuff, awesome:)

KristenBaldousor
June 16th, 2008, 22:37
A usb wireless microphone would be awesome!!!!

Man, this game is getting even better than it was last week!!!!!

agenericperson
June 17th, 2008, 01:50
I'm scarred a usb wireless mic might bump up the price. though i would like voice chat on the wii. maybe other games would implement it.

Demonic_Cr0w
June 17th, 2008, 03:49
This game really is getting better and better. I realize that 360 and PS3 have online voice chat already, but the Wii has the great controls! I have much faith in this FPS = ]

stefh
June 17th, 2008, 07:22
Hope they bring us a bluetooth headset.

trugamer
June 17th, 2008, 11:28
The way I see it they have several options, including a usb microphone (wired or wireless) or a bluetooth headset that uses the current wii bluetooth, but this could be expensive. For the best of both worlds (cheap and portable) it could plug into your wiimote between it and the nunchuk, but this'll probably not be too practical (loads of wires and difficult to implement).

KristenBaldousor
June 17th, 2008, 17:51
The best option is a bluethoot headset, just let nintendo add the compatibility with those cell phone headsets and you are set.

They are pretty cheap, I can find good ones around 10-15 bucks

vicious1988
June 17th, 2008, 19:51
Now a believer. Will buy. Will use SOCOM headset if USB is supported. Will frag many a noob with high caliber weaponry.

mcdougall57
June 18th, 2008, 00:19
Very good news indeed, I just hope they don't slap a huge premium on the microphone.

firedragon_jing
June 18th, 2008, 01:15
Ohh, I hope Nintendo doesn't shoot them down, I hope they listen and finally bring us a headset.

Though, I doubt High Voltage will be able to convince Nintendo to give the fans what we want. I've been to High Voltage, it is a very small company, and if Sakurai couldn't talk Nintendo into a headset, I don't have much hope here.

maeurd
June 20th, 2008, 21:32
One slight drawback : I remembered that nintendo said they would charge for online content in the future, I'm assuming that this'll probably be a pay-to-play title, or a game that only supports the special "Wiicrophone" and "Wiiphones", which will probably be wireless and yet again need AA batteries that I threw away as soon as Nintendo DS came out.