PDA

View Full Version : Wii Update 3.3 Kills Feeloader Too?

Darksaviour69
June 17th, 2008, 10:02
Oh dear. I'm getting reports starting to trickle out of Australia that the latest Wii update (3.3) has done more than block the Twilight Princess save-game exploit. I'm hearing it's killed Datel's Wii Freeloader as well, which if true, will not go down well in Europe and Australia at all. Especially with Smash Bros' imminent - and very late - release in PAL territories in two weeks serving as a poignant reminder of just why so many people own a Freeloader in the first place. I'll update once we get some confirmation either way.

Via kotaku (http://kotaku.com/5017064/wii-update-33-kills-feeloader-too)

mcdougall57
June 17th, 2008, 10:17
thank god for modchips :D gutted for the rest of you though who have to decide between this game or homebrew, personally id choose homebrew everytime but this game is wicked, I imported it.

trugamer
June 17th, 2008, 11:43
What do you mean "this game"- the update comes from the internet, not a game (and I think it's too late for Nintendo to put the update in Brawl, it comes out in two weeks)

Yami Mario
June 17th, 2008, 12:55
I aient updating then.

bandit
June 17th, 2008, 13:53
Dont update the system.

Didnt the Freeloader bypass the updates? I reviewed it but never got the update and since got rid of my imports.

Also, the homebrew channel has a Gecko Region Free. I dont think this is killed as Homebrew Channel still works after update.

____anders____
June 17th, 2008, 14:11
aah no!!

i won't update, cus i still want to play SSBB!!

Yes, the freeloader can block updates from games if you instert it twice before you instert the game you wanna play without updating

EDIT: i posted this in the other thread also, but here it is again..

i found this on hackmii.com, maybe this gives us a little hope:

Congrats to tmbinc and tehpola for finding a combination of two bugs in the code that Nintendo added that — when combined — allow us to fool their check into ignoring the TP hack. More info will be forthcoming — I still wouldn’t rush to update my system, anyway.

agenericperson
June 17th, 2008, 18:28
I'm tempted to just mod. I'm worried HBC will be next and I will have no way to get it back. I guess I should wait it out a little longer. It sucks that Nintendo forces updates on everyone with certain games.

Capt_Trips
June 17th, 2008, 19:28
Seriously, Never buy retail, always buy used. Stop giving Nintendo your money. Express your deepest dissatisfaction by boycotting Nintendo, and telling everyone else you know how bad nintendo is.

I mean, We put Sega out of business for treating us bad, Why not Nintendo too? I have not bought a sega or sony product in eight years, And now I cannot buy nintendo either? To hell with Nintendo and To hell with Japan.

Joel92
June 17th, 2008, 20:08
you know capt trips, even though you buy used, the person you bought used from still payed nintendo... in essence, it makes no difference.

oh yeah.... so you are saying that because nintendo doesnt want random people hacking onto the consol they made for us to use, we should completely boycott them?

Capt_Trips
June 17th, 2008, 21:38
No, I am saying because Nintendo is hacking on our consoles, which are private and personal property, We should not only boycott them, but maybe bar them from doing business in the US for violations of the law.

Nintendo is acting like the pirates.

It is not piracy if it is a spoil of war. It is not piracy if you have a letter of marquee and reprisal.

I am just saying, Joel92, this is a new low in the world of gaming--a low low enough to get people to stop buying, and what is worse, Stop Playing.

Even though Microsoft is more evil than Nintendo, Sony and Sega combined (well, maybe not Sony), at least it is American.

DimensionT
June 17th, 2008, 21:39
We want to play homebrew and imported games on their system, but they wont let us... So we should boycott them and make them go bankrupt!!! Then they won't be able to make and new system and keep us from playing homebrew and imports on THAT!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Makes perfect sense...

icecoolwas
June 17th, 2008, 22:06
Aye, your wrong there Matey.

Your saying if you bought Used, the person you buy it from used still bought it from Nintendo, but if you bought it brand new instead, Nintendo would have sold 1 extra copy, thus making more cash.

you know capt trips, even though you buy used, the person you bought used from still payed nintendo... in essence, it makes no difference.

oh yeah.... so you are saying that because nintendo doesnt want random people hacking onto the consol they made for us to use, we should completely boycott them?

h2923j42n2
June 17th, 2008, 23:38
Heh, Datel/Codejunkies already stopped advertising it on their site.

firedragon_jing
June 18th, 2008, 01:05
Nintendo is only blocking freeloader to block out countries that save money from importing.

Also, it was to block the trucha signing to stop other homebrew and stolen/moddified games

Joel92
June 18th, 2008, 16:58
Aye, your wrong there Matey.

Your saying if you bought Used, the person you buy it from used still bought it from Nintendo, but if you bought it brand new instead, Nintendo would have sold 1 extra copy, thus making more cash.

Ok, you're right, that makes sense.

You have shown me the error in my ways.

Shadowblind
June 18th, 2008, 17:33
Amazing. Nintendo is not allowing me to go to the Wii Shop channel unless I update my Wii.

****ing hypocrites.

____anders____
June 18th, 2008, 17:38
i don't mind being locked out from Shop channel, as i don't need anymore;)

iSynic
June 18th, 2008, 19:10
No, I am saying because Nintendo is hacking on our consoles, which are private and personal property, We should not only boycott them, but maybe bar them from doing business in the US for violations of the law.

Nintendo is acting like the pirates.

It is not piracy if it is a spoil of war. It is not piracy if you have a letter of marquee and reprisal.

I am just saying, Joel92, this is a new low in the world of gaming--a low low enough to get people to stop buying, and what is worse, Stop Playing.

Even though Microsoft is more evil than Nintendo, Sony and Sega combined (well, maybe not Sony), at least it is American.

Except you legally don't own the hardware. You own the right to use it, and their terms of use clearly state they have the right to to revoke or change that use at any time, in any way.

Not saying I approve, but they have every right.

i don't mind being locked out from Shop channel, as i don't need anymore;)

If you mean you don't need it because you can just wad install everything, you're hardly setting yourself up to impress anybody. It's people like you who got their attention to have it banned in the first place. Way to go, you really impress us with your piracy!
/sarcastic golf clap.

Shuichi
June 18th, 2008, 20:16
I'm impressed by anders. *High five*

____anders____
June 18th, 2008, 23:06
hehe, i'm not impressing anyone, but i own the real copies of all "wad" games i have on my wii..

btw, the homebrew channel is all i use now anyway, i just love Quake wii:)..
just to let you know, i have the real Quake too..

EDIT: forgot to say that i really don't like to buy MY games twice, and if you're not happy with that, go ahead buy your games twice.
you can come to sweden, to my house and format my wii (update it to 3.3) and computer just to remove all my wads..
the second you get the hell out of my house i will do it all over again.

btw, maybe you wanna remove my d2ckey too?
just to let you know, i have it soldered on a wii-clip so all you have to do is open my wii and drag it out of there.

please tell me that you have NEVER EVER done anything illegal, maybe some songs on your computer that you haven't ripped of original cd's.
and tell me if you never used an emulator on the HBC, that my friend is exactly the same as wads, just a little more space efficient.

i just happen to think that it's alot better to download some games that i've already bought once or songs that i want than going on the streets selling drugs or killing people just for fun.

iSynic
June 19th, 2008, 22:56
hehe, i'm not impressing anyone, but i own the real copies of all "wad" games i have on my wii..

btw, the homebrew channel is all i use now anyway, i just love Quake wii:)..
just to let you know, i have the real Quake too..

EDIT: forgot to say that i really don't like to buy MY games twice, and if you're not happy with that, go ahead buy your games twice.
you can come to sweden, to my house and format my wii (update it to 3.3) and computer just to remove all my wads..
the second you get the hell out of my house i will do it all over again.

btw, maybe you wanna remove my d2ckey too?
just to let you know, i have it soldered on a wii-clip so all you have to do is open my wii and drag it out of there.

please tell me that you have NEVER EVER done anything illegal, maybe some songs on your computer that you haven't ripped of original cd's.
and tell me if you never used an emulator on the HBC, that my friend is exactly the same as wads, just a little more space efficient.

i just happen to think that it's alot better to download some games that i've already bought once or songs that i want than going on the streets selling drugs or killing people just for fun.

I never compared downloading games to selling drugs or killing people, and fail to see how that formulates a valid arguement. You stated you'd never need the shop channel again. I have a hard time believing that you own everything that will ever be on the shop channel that you will want to play.

Even were that the case, the games you bought the first time are still illegal if you steal them the second. Until better laws are written regarding digital media, the fact remains that you're buying a license to one copy of their software. Downloading a second in order to play it in a way Nintendo never offered for free is theft. There's really just no two ways around it.

I'm not saying I approve of the way the law is written. I just think that something like this requires responsibility because Nintendo kind of has the homebrew community by the balls. And gambling it on something like a $5 game just seems like an awful waste compared to the potential good that could come out of it.

DimensionT
June 19th, 2008, 23:58
Do you not know about the fact that he could be ripping his own games? He's probably not, but the option is there. It's completely legal to make a single dump of games for personal use, which is what I do with all my DS and GBA games. Rather then carry them all around, I have them all on a single 1 GB card.

He never said anything about installing pirated WiiWare games, and he could be going about playing the games he already owns in a completely legal way.

Quit being overly judgmental.

rayminette
June 20th, 2008, 00:19
Except you legally don't own the hardware. You own the right to use it, and their terms of use clearly state they have the right to to revoke or change that use at any time, in any way.

Not saying I approve, but they have every right.

If you mean you don't need it because you can just wad install everything, you're hardly setting yourself up to impress anybody. It's people like you who got their attention to have it banned in the first place. Way to go, you really impress us with your piracy!
/sarcastic golf clap.

Actually you do own the hardware and can do whatever you want with it. Back when Nintendo was suing Galoob trying to stop the Game Genie, the courts stated "Having paid Nintendo a fair return, the consumer may experiment with the product and create new variations of play, for personal enjoyment."

Sounds like Datel should sue over the AR blocking based on this. Oh and Terms of Use =/= the law.

____anders____
June 20th, 2008, 00:27
i dont have any wiiware games on my wii, cus so far they all suck.
i said i own every originals i CURRENTLY have on my wii.
i'm 100% certain that i will get more wads, even some i dont own, but that's not my problem, just my way of living.
there have and will always be piracy, i know alot of people copied floppy discs that contained a game or an app for, lets say the Atari ST, piracy has been around for a VERY long time and will always be here.
my head says: it's enough to buy the hardware so you can mod it and play whatever you want thereafter.

dahun
June 20th, 2008, 02:11
Actually you do own the hardware and can do whatever you want with it. Back when Nintendo was suing Galoob trying to stop the Game Genie, the courts stated "Having paid Nintendo a fair return, the consumer may experiment with the product and create new variations of play, for personal enjoyment."

Sounds like Datel should sue over the AR blocking based on this. Oh and Terms of Use =/= the law.

nice first post

so... if thats true datel could make nintendy unblock the ar gc that would mea we could (finaly) get an ar wii :D

____anders____
June 20th, 2008, 09:38
yeah, and Action Replay wii would juuuust be awesome:)

did i mention i like to cheat on my games too?:p

kurokitsune
June 20th, 2008, 22:24
Borders are irrelevant these days especially with corporations of this scale. These are all multinational companies and they don't care about anything but your money. Wal-Mart is also American, but if anything, they've devastated your country by producing all their goods cheaply in China and forcing all sorts of US manufacturers to close down.