PDA

View Full Version : Space Invaders Set for WiiWare

Shrygue
June 17th, 2008, 19:07
via IGN (http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/882/882265p1.html)

Taito provided an update today on Space Invaders Get Even, the new Wii adaptation of the classic shooting franchise that was first announced back in March. In addition to a release period, the company shared one major bit of news: the game is now being readied as a WiiWare download.

Space Invaders Get Even turns the play field upside down, placing players in control of a force of 100 invaders who are out to destroy a human city. You move your UFO around with the nunchuck, and use the Wiimote for point and click destruction. Your goal is to defeat the boss of each stage before time runs out.

As far as we know, the title was originally meant to be released as a standard Wii release, unless Taito was purposely keeping mum about it being a downloadable game.

Whatever the case, Japanese Wii owners can look forward to this latest WiiWare game some time this Summer.

mcdougall57
June 17th, 2008, 22:17
come on' you'd have to be blind to not of seen this coming.

JKKDARK
June 17th, 2008, 22:28
I will check for some screens, I always liked this old game :)

mcdougall57
June 17th, 2008, 23:38
yeah, classics never die :) I prefer games out before i was born

____anders____
June 18th, 2008, 23:01
space invaders are fun, the old games are to 99%, alot more fun than new games, i kinda like the choppy graphics on NES..:)

maeurd
June 20th, 2008, 21:27
Hmm, this is an odd one, because there are quite a lot of homebrew space invaders even for the gamecube...