PDA

View Full Version : PSP Firmware 4.00 Now Available

flaminfox
June 18th, 2008, 11:27
Coinciding with the release of PS3 firmware 2.36 is the immediate availability of firmware 4.00 for PSP.

The update can now be downloaded from Network Update and as promised, includes two new main features. Namely, the ability to search Google without the need of launching the PSP’s often slow Internet Browser and change the viewing speed of video played on the PSP by pressing up or down on the directional pad. Personally, we were expecting a little more from a X.00 update, but it is what it is. Complete changelog:

* [Internet Search] has been added as a feature under [Network].

* You can now change viewing speed during video playback by pressing the UP/DOWN buttons. Use this feature if you want to watch a video quickly, or if you want to slow down playback and listen to the dialogue carefully.

via exophase (http://exophase.com/psp/psp-firmware-400-now-available-5843.htm)

jxx2005
June 18th, 2008, 12:40
i'm having trouble believing someone with 44 posts

MicroNut
June 18th, 2008, 13:28
Its out.
Cannot be decrypted with RS3.3, yet.

murgero1
June 18th, 2008, 13:43
this is good and use time machine fw 1.50 to install the flash files to get them.....

mike03$$$
June 18th, 2008, 14:03
if some people are about to post below me about "where's DIVX" just use Psptube download the divx and place in favorites then watch video

kyyubidx
June 18th, 2008, 14:16
if some people are about to post below me about "where's DIVX" just use Psptube download the divx and place in favorites then watch video

sorry dude... I'd trade full divx support for PSPTube (i don't even use it) any day any time... I'm still waiting for the day I can watch most of my 1TB of anime without having to convert it...

edit: it seems sony has updated flash player though YouTUbe still doesn't work (LINK (http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psp&thread.id=3346869)); got it from a QJ.net user

Mr. Shizzy
June 18th, 2008, 14:29
Boooo !!!!!!!!! :mad:

We have waited all this time for the "great" 4.00 to arrive, and this is it ??

Two crappy features added ??

Unbeliveable... :mad: :mad: :mad:

kennyk
June 18th, 2008, 14:33
I wonder how many *hidden* features were added?

kyyubidx
June 18th, 2008, 14:37
I wonder how many *hidden* features were added?

I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for this OFW or a new CFW... DAX prolly thinks this is not worth it... Unless the 4.00 POPS is awesome...

Seven7
June 18th, 2008, 14:39
Is this in all regions, or only one or two? Network update only?

Because as of typing this, the american sony psp website only has 3.95 avalable. So?

kyyubidx
June 18th, 2008, 14:41
@Seven7: This is a network update... At least for now... Search sites using google and you'll easily get your hands on the 4.00 EBOOT file

note: now that I think about it, this update is smaller in size than the 3.95 one...

Seven7
June 18th, 2008, 14:58
@Seven7: This is a network update... At least for now... Search sites using google and you'll easily get your hands on the 4.00 EBOOT file

note: now that I think about it, this update is smaller in size than the 3.95 one...

Yeah, I checked the sony official forums and found download links for all regions. I just figured the main page whould have updated by now. Sorry.

Actually, since I run Cfw, this is useless to me till DA works his magic on it. Assumeing he does that is.

kyyubidx
June 18th, 2008, 15:17
@Seven7: do not be sorry... there nothing to apologize about... We are all here to help each other.

Has anyone found any other *hidden* updates? Though I really doubt it...

alanparker05
June 18th, 2008, 15:47
You'd think sony would try harder than this when all the developers are giving up on it

flaminfox
June 18th, 2008, 15:55

whtever dude, thts ur prob, i post essential stuff, i dont post random bs. :rolleyes:

AnywAy im not suprised about the update, yet 2.00 was the biggest update to date, 3.52 and 3.71 follows after, :cool:

if u need divx for psp use PSPTUBE, it works. :thumbup:

kyyubidx
June 18th, 2008, 16:10
psptube, divx playback? how? where? xD

flaminfox
June 18th, 2008, 16:21
psptube, divx playback? how? where? xD

if you use psptube, place ur avi or divx files in the "favorites" folder,and thts all to it. you should use either psptube 2/29/08 release for 3.71 cfw or 3/1/08 release for 3.80 and 3.90 cfw.

kyyubidx
June 18th, 2008, 16:38
i got it... but it is a little slow...

Triv1um
June 18th, 2008, 16:44

Thats the problem with forum users.

Its not about post counts. 50 good posts are better than 10000 spam posts.

---

Anyway, I am disappointed by this update. I expected Sony to give us a nice surprise.

mike_jmg
June 18th, 2008, 16:56
I was expecting something better from sony too. But maybe that's the error, we shouldn't expect too much from them

Damn that just sounded like the psp is doomed. I hope is not but we need a new kickass something (game, aplication, Homebrew, pops) to keep going.

Maybe E3 would tell, there are two unknown capcom projects, Hopefully DMC and RE for psp (I can dream)

Veskgar
June 18th, 2008, 17:32
Sony should try to do more with PS3/PSP interactivity and also focus heavily on POPS. I also think they should utilize the WiFi more and create some sort of portable social networking service where people with PSP's can log in via a hotspot anywhere in the world and socialize, compete in games, etc.

There is so much that could be implemented at least in theory. I really hope that SONY starts to consider the PS3 and PSP a partnership of sorts as they compliment each other nicely.

I happen to think the Google search is an OK feature. I just wonder what, if any, new security was implemented.

wertyer
June 18th, 2008, 18:07
After all the time we've been waiting for this update this is really disappointing. All was really hoping for all of the rumored features, especially fixing the memory problems when using the psp's internet browser. For a regular update it isn't too bad, but for 4.00 it really is a letdown. The psp has so much potential that sony isn't utilizing at all. Just look at the great psp homebrew. The older psp updates actually made the psp better, like adding rss, psx games, demos, a really crappy internet browser. But now sony's just being lazy. Sony needs to listen to what people want and actually try to make it possible. If sony doesn't want people hacking their psps, then they should try to give us some decent features.

Shrygue
June 18th, 2008, 18:47
Decent features....like being able to run homebrew right out of the box maybe! Well, okay maybe Sony wouldn't really let that happen but still I'm sure there's plenty of room for improvement on the console.

MicroNut
June 18th, 2008, 20:44
Mathieulh
芸術は爆発だ。- Art is explosion
A 4.00 firmware from us is still planned...
Popsloader is planned but 4.00 cfw comes first.

Originally Posted by fearevil19
why make 4.00 M33?

Mathieulh
芸術は爆発だ。- Art is explosion
Because we have our own functionalities (worthwhile) to implement.

http://forums.**********.net/showthread.php?t=114687&page=2

ab88
June 19th, 2008, 00:19
http://forums.**********.net/showthread.php?t=114687&page=2

Wow that filter is still in place? Is the server for this site in Cuba or China? What I'm I missing...

http://tinyurl.com/66gtpq

siulmagic
June 19th, 2008, 01:41
bah useless update i was really hoping for flash 9

urherenow
June 19th, 2008, 01:58
Direct link

http://du01.psp.update.playstation.org/update/psp/image/us/2008_0618_bf8d5081adc08457debe062270646c45/EBOOT.PBP

andwhyisit
June 19th, 2008, 02:19
I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for this OFW or a new CFW... DAX prolly thinks this is not worth it... Unless the 4.00 POPS is awesome...
3.95 pops is worth it.

Found this in a comment at pspfanboy, funniest thing ever:

V. 4.01
-Adding a shortcut to McDonalds.com to the XMB.
-Support for PLAYSTATION Network titles has been expanded.
V. 4.05
-Fixing Bugs with the McDonalds.com shortcut.
V. 4.10
-Allowing PSP-Owners to adding their own personal nonsense corporate commercials to the XMB.
-Support for PLAYSTATION Network titles has been expanded (but this time for real).
V. 4.16
-Support for the support for PLAYSTATION Network titles has been expanded.
V. 4.17
-Support for PLAYSTATION Network titles has been decreased.
V. 4.36
-Adding ICQ-connectivity under [Network]; PSP-keyboard promised "soon".
-Support for PLAYSTATION Network titles has been ridicously expanded.
V. 4.50
-Adding a WordPad-like feature under [Network] for writhing eMails on the go; again, PSP-keyboard promised to be released "soon", propably before the first Man lands on the Mars.
V. 4.51
V. 4.52
-Nothing, Sony just celebrates the first PLAYSTATION Network game that doesn't require a firmware update to work without any problems.
V. 4.56
-Support for PLAYSTATION Network titles has been expanded, since firmware V 4.52 caused many bugs.

psp411
June 19th, 2008, 05:26
im VERY DISAPPOINTED with this release. This just keeps reinforcing that the interest in PSP is slowly dying... this update tops the worst updates made by sony.... w/e, ill say on 3.52 m33 until it is worth while to update again :D :cool:

malgora
June 19th, 2008, 07:11
thats LAME! for a new firmware... google search yeah ok, i only uses my psp for music and games... what sony needs to do, if they havent already is ask there consumers what they think should be put in, get some fresh ideas like (yes this is just fantasy but) put a ds emulator in it, and then nintendo will have fewer sales, cause we would be downloading the roms ...... lol (yes my head wonders a little sometimes) but yeah i think they get a E- for effort with this update ..... how long did it take them to work on it. anyway thats my 2bob. sorry if i offended any1 but yeah

malgora
June 19th, 2008, 07:23
thats LAME! for a new firmware... google search yeah ok, i only uses my psp for music and games... what sony needs to do, if they havent already is ask there consumers what they think should be put in, get some fresh ideas like (yes this is just fantasy but) put a ds emulator in it, and then nintendo will have fewer sales, cause we would be downloading the roms ...... lol (yes my head wonders a little sometimes) but yeah i think they get a E- for effort with this update ..... how long did it take them to work on it. anyway thats my 2bob. sorry if i offended any1 but yeah

urherenow
June 19th, 2008, 15:43
You know what's really lame? Double posts. Not so hard to delete one of them you know...

and yea... DS on PSP? Made by Sony for a firmware update? I'll have some of what you're smoking please

Spyzius
June 19th, 2008, 19:33
no need to be ridicule DS emulator on PSP created by sony WTF

kjetil1991
June 20th, 2008, 10:37
thats LAME! for a new firmware... google search yeah ok, i only uses my psp for music and games... what sony needs to do, if they havent already is ask there consumers what they think should be put in, get some fresh ideas like (yes this is just fantasy but) put a ds emulator in it, and then nintendo will have fewer sales, cause we would be downloading the roms ...... lol (yes my head wonders a little sometimes) but yeah i think they get a E- for effort with this update ..... how long did it take them to work on it. anyway thats my 2bob. sorry if i offended any1 but yeah yeah so sony gets sued very smart :rolleyes: