PDA

View Full Version : Ikaruga vs Chu Chu Rocket

ptr.exe
October 3rd, 2005, 16:00
Ikaruga (http://www.mobygames.com/game/dreamcast/ikaruga)

vs

Chu Chu Rocket (http://www.mobygames.com/game/dreamcast/chuchu-rocket)

ptr.exe
October 3rd, 2005, 16:07
Ikaruga was the first schmup i really got into, it was the reason i put a VGA socket on my DC, it was the reason i made an arcade stick. I really love this game, although it obviously hates me as it beats me down everytime.

That said, i found Chu Chu Rocket still in a DC i bought from eBay for £6. I played it and got bored, quickly. Then i played multiplayer and the game rocks! this game defines frantic party game.

SmashinGit
October 3rd, 2005, 22:05
Ikaruga for me, the game owns, literally! Incase anyone don't know there is a homebrew version of Chu Chu Rocket for the Atari St.

beetroot bertie
October 4th, 2005, 14:43
Ikaruga all the way baby!

Wonderful in all aspects, beautiful and yes it beats me down too.

Unlocking unlimited credits helps you see it all but it's really tough.

Darksaviour69
October 4th, 2005, 15:16
it has to be ikaruga, treasure rock. its a shame that chu chu will be knocked out so early (if it is), it is a great party game (but very sore on the old head)

SiZiOUS
October 4th, 2005, 20:32
Oh yeahhhh Ikaruga rocks !!!

The best shmup avialable for the DC for me :D

Delin hong
October 4th, 2005, 23:16
I prefer Mr.Driller to Chu Chu rocket anyways

Cap'n 1time
October 6th, 2005, 20:24
... i will always have a special place in my heart for chu chu rocket... Ikaruga is definitely a unexpected release (that came a bit too late). but im going to vote chu chu rocket.. just be be differant.

Zherae
October 6th, 2005, 20:39
They're both great puzzle games but I have to go with Ikaruga for its originality.

PS: A better poll would be Ikaruga and Twinkle Star Sprites since they're both shooter puzzlers.

ptr.exe
October 7th, 2005, 22:16
PS: A better poll would be Ikaruga and Twinkle Star Sprites since they're both shooter puzzlers.
It's a random draw, part of a knockout to find the best DC game. Theres a stickied topic in this board. I've never heard of Twinkle Star Sprites, was it released in PAL land? ot NTSC only?

Zherae
October 19th, 2005, 23:47
Came out on Japan only but it's all in english there's a also a Neogeo (original hardware) and a Saturn port.