PDA

View Full Version : Need for Speed: Undercover coming

JKKDARK
June 19th, 2008, 03:53
via IGN (http://ps2.ign.com/articles/882/882673p1.html)

To no one's surprise, EA is set to release the next installment in the Need for Speed franchise later this year in the form of Need for Speed: Undercover. In an interview with gamesindustry.biz, Electronic Arts CEO John Riccitiello said that the title is in development from one of EA Vancouver's two NFS teams. He also hinted that its inspiration comes from movies like The Transporter, though we'll have to wait and see what he means by that.

The single previous Need for Speed team was split into two last year to allow each of the two teams more time to create yearly updates for the franchise. Rather than giving one team only 12 months to create the next installment, each team would now have a full two years, with the teams trading release years, obviously. Being that the team was only split last year, the Undercover team will only have a little over 16 months to create the title, but the extra breathing room must certainly welcome in any case.

In the interview, Riccitiello also discussed his disappointment with last year's Need for Speed ProStreet, and said that the reason for splitting the team into to two was to help insure that future titles would actually be a worthy experience.

No consoles were specified for Undercover, but given the franchise's history, we'd expect to see it hit every major system.

osgeld
June 19th, 2008, 04:14
i have not been impressed by the current lineup of NFS

in carbon ive beat the same boss 3 times now and still have to deal with "all of a sudden your car is totally different" physics going downhill in a mostly black screen while the computer constantly cheats

all while being insulted

afterwards i have to spend almost 20 min outrunning cops before i can make sure the wonky system actually saved, and quit the game

combined with "all of a sudden your car is totally different" dumb drift races and not being able to buy parts that actually make me competive with the racers really sucks all the fun out of what was NFS

its more of a hassle to me than a game

but its pretty, if thats all that counts in this age of 480 poS 3 super HD grpahics course once you include the awefull motion blur it really looks worse than NFS3 hot persuit on the pc almost 10 years ago

http://static2.filefront.com/images/bzsdxgaxxh.jpg <- hot pursuit
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/526/qbzsahinjy8.jpg <- carbon

jedikevin20
June 19th, 2008, 06:33
Need for speed is all but dead. They destroyed what was left of the fans on one of the worst made need for speeds ever ; pro street. I'll stick to my GRID game running a logitech g25 w00t.

jamotto
June 19th, 2008, 07:11
They really need to go back to NFS 3 style of play and ditch the whole Fast and Furious inspired play.

mnuhaily22
June 19th, 2008, 10:18
I actually was one of the few people that actually enjoyed Pro Street, and I actually still play it thanks to the constant updates with new cars and stuff, like I use the Bugatti Veyron now when before it wasnt usable, I think its way underrated, I just wish they add free roam in a big city and add cops, that was the funnest part...Like in Most Wanted...

kjetil1991
June 23rd, 2008, 22:33
im one of those that like the singel player in carbon =D