PDA

View Full Version : On which console was the best Sonic game?

Eviltaco64
June 20th, 2008, 00:31
Just a simple question asked in a different way than my previous poll (Which is the best Mario game), thanks to VampDude.

Well? What's the best console for Sonic?

JKKDARK
June 20th, 2008, 00:37
The Sega Dreamcast. It had my favorite Sonic game: Sonic Adventure :)

Eviltaco64
June 20th, 2008, 00:41
The Sega Dreamcast. It had my favorite Sonic game: Sonic Adventure :)

That's my second choice, next to the Genesis games (Sonic 3 and Knuckles!!)

Eviltaco64
June 20th, 2008, 00:42
Shit! I forgot to add Sega CD and Sega 32X to the Genesis poll. Can someone add it for me (or am i allowed to edit polls)?

Mark30001
June 20th, 2008, 01:35
Done

Eviltaco64
June 20th, 2008, 01:42
Appreciated

Eviltaco64
July 4th, 2008, 08:37
Anymore votes?

kcajblue
July 4th, 2008, 09:15
genesis.

pibs
July 4th, 2008, 10:09
genesis.

I hear that :)

My favorite sonic would be the 2nd, even though I catch myself playing the 3rd(w/knuckles) one the most!

how i wished MS would release Sonic and Knuckles 3 on XBLA:D

EDIT: aww crap I accidentally pressed on the master system one....... o well

Darksaviour69
July 4th, 2008, 10:15
EDIT: aww crap I accidentally pressed on the master system one....... o well

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/millionaire_idiot_fail.jpg

;)

Eviltaco64
July 4th, 2008, 10:20
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/millionaire_idiot_fail.jpg

;)

And that's AFTER she got a lifeline/hint! :rofl:

Yeah, I agree with the Master System picking Pibs. Although, the Sonic games (especially 1) on XBLA have weird emulated sound. I dont know if any of you could recognize that.

You could also get Sonic Mega Collection Plus for Xbox Pibs :)

pibs
July 4th, 2008, 11:02
haha I had that coming.

anyways I have a bone to pick with the XBLA versions of Sonic.
Why did they remove the classic cheat? because of the achievements......... id rather have the full game with the debug menu than achievements.

anyways this is kinda offtopic but any of u guys remember old genesis games that gave u a slow mo option but it was really just the game pausing and unpausing really fast LOL

EDIT: does the Sonic Mega Collection get emulated well on the 360? oh and does it have the options to cheaaat lulz

Eviltaco64
July 4th, 2008, 11:09
haha I had that coming.

anyways I have a bone to pick with the XBLA versions of Sonic.
Why did they remove the classic cheat? because of the achievements......... id rather have the full game with the debug menu than achievements.

anyways this is kinda offtopic but any of u guys remember old genesis games that gave u a slow mo option but it was really just the game pausing and unpausing really fast LOL

Yeah, I used to do that with one of those harder Sonic 3 and Knuckles special stages when I was little.

EDIT: WHAT!? They got rid of Debug mode for Achievement Points!? **** that, Im not buying it, I'll stick with the demo -_-

pibs
July 4th, 2008, 11:17
Yeah, I used to do that with one of those harder Sonic 3 and Knuckles special stages when I was little.

Yeah thats understandable but the only reason I like to cheat is for the supersonic ability when I just want a quick run in the game for fun without having to get all the chaos emeralds.:D

Edit: Yea they got rid of it and somehow they thought we wouldn't notice. As far as I know its not there since the games start from the level and not the intro making it impossible to do the cheat. And I mean, u can ask anyone about Sonic and they would instantly tell you what the cheat was soo its not like it wasn't well known. It is one of the most memorable things in the franchise aswell.

Darksaviour69
July 4th, 2008, 11:19
up, down, left, right, A, B, C, Start FTW

Eviltaco64
July 4th, 2008, 11:19
Me too, I was saying that I used the slowmo thing for those certain stages.
As I can remember, the Hyper Sonic box was the option after rings in the debug part. :D

Eviltaco64
July 4th, 2008, 11:21
Also in response to DS, 19,65,09,17 1,9,9,2,1,1,2,4 AND Left, Left, Left, Right, Right, Right, Up, Up, Up :D

Eviltaco64
July 9th, 2008, 08:42
Well I guess my Sonic 2 and 3 (and Knuckles) level select/debug mode codes killed this thread.

Well, 10 days left to vote anyway.

ninja9393
July 13th, 2008, 03:34
pico sonic was amazing!

Mark30001
July 13th, 2008, 04:34
Liked Sonic's Triple Trouble for the Sega Game Gear the best.

quzar
July 13th, 2008, 06:51
Close tie between Sonic CD for PC/SCD and Sonic 3 & Knuckles for Genesis (or as I remember it the best, for the Nomad).

bah
July 13th, 2008, 07:50
Sonic 2 (Megadrive) for me.

I'm really not a fan of any of the 3D sonic games.
The music and voice acting alone in sonic adventure made me want to hurt my dreamcast...... :P

Eviltaco64
July 13th, 2008, 10:06
Sonic 2 (Megadrive) for me.

I'm really not a fan of any of the 3D sonic games.
The music and voice acting alone in sonic adventure made me want to hurt my dreamcast...... :P

Sonic Adventure 1 was, without a doubt, the best 3D Sonic game, and if you didnt like the voices you could switch them to Japanese ;). Sonic Adventure 2 was another generation of Sonic in my opinion, even though it was good, it made a lot of Sonic fanboys.

bah
July 13th, 2008, 12:57
I was excited by sonic in 3d, and it did look nice.
For me though, the best sonic games are 2d.

Each to their own I guess.

Eviltaco64
July 13th, 2008, 13:49
I was excited by sonic in 3d, and it did look nice.
For me though, the best sonic games are 2d.

Each to their own I guess.

The 2D Sonics are definitely my favorites as well (Sonic 1, CD, and 3 w/Knuckles especially).

JKKDARK
August 5th, 2008, 15:16
Game.com also had a Sonic game :P

Eviltaco64
August 5th, 2008, 16:42
Game.com also had a Sonic game :P

I was thinking of adding it when I made this poll, but there were already enough options and game.com sucks :D.

WhizzBang
August 5th, 2008, 21:35
The Master System Sonic 1 game was the best one. It had more variety and ingenuity than any of the others.

Eviltaco64
August 6th, 2008, 01:49
Sonic 3 and Knuckles on the Genesis has to be my favorite.
Then I'd say Japanese/European Sonic CD since it was so different from the other Sonics at the time (in a really good way, that is).
Those are without a doubt, my favorite Sonics.
Then I suppose itd be Sonic 1 and Sonic Adventure.

Kaiser
August 6th, 2008, 09:16
Damn shame I missed this poll.

S3&K and Sonic CD are the best of the series (though Sonic 1 and 2 are fantastic in their own right).

S3&K would have to be my personal favourite with Sonic CD as a close second.

Sonicboy 101
August 6th, 2008, 09:20
How the hell did I miss this poll.
Anyway,
Sonic3&K was clearly the best of them all. Huge load of levels, 14 emeralds to collect... It had it all. I loved this game.
Second would be Sonic CD. What can you say about it, it was fantastic.
Third would be either Sonic Adventure 1/2, I couldn't choose between the both because they were both amazing.

Eviltaco64
August 6th, 2008, 09:28
This poll closed awhile ago.
Then someone bumped it.
Still I encourage discussion Sonic discussion.

Gamblor527
August 14th, 2008, 15:38
Sonic 2 for Genesis hands down.

bah
August 15th, 2008, 11:17
Sonic 2 for Genesis hands down.

Along with being named after the gambling monster that has enslaved marge simpson, you have good taste in sonic games.

Not too shabby for a spam bot.....

Sonicboy 101
August 15th, 2008, 11:56
I've recently replayed the Sonic game for Master system. While not the best one, it was good.

Along with being named after the gambling monster that has enslaved marge simpson, you have good taste in sonic games.

Not too shabby for a spam bot.....

New technology, eh?

bah
August 15th, 2008, 15:16
I've recently replayed the Sonic game for Master system. While not the best one, it was good.

Agreed, Sonic 1 for master system was a great game.

I guess I base that largely on fond memories, but compared to the other master system/game gear sonic games it was certainly the best IMO.
The later sonic games, and the game gear ones especially I was/am not so much a fan of. Some of the game gear ones sonic was huge and the scale meant you could hardly see what was coming.

When the megadrive first came out, my sister and I got a master system 2, and we both loved the thing.
It seems this perhaps was a time before marketing started to evidently destroy humanity. The young could enjoy tech that was not the flashiest/latest and greatest. :)

Materboy is a fantastic master system emu for PSP (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73128) if anyone wants to play it . Thank you Brunni et al :)