PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Princess Hack Fix (ie Wii 3.3) Now Hacked

Darksaviour69
June 20th, 2008, 11:51
That didn't take long! The team behind the Twilight Princess save-game exploit on the Wii - which Nintendo just "fixed" with their recent update to 3.3 - have already found a way to get past the fix. To be honest there's a ton of technical jibberish behind it that I just do not understand, but the gist seems to be that the update sought out exploited TP save files and nixed them, while these guys have found a way to tell the update to ignore exploited TP saves. That's progress for ya.

June 16 Wii update [HackMii] (http://hackmii.com/2008/06/june-16-wii-update/)

Via kotaku (http://kotaku.com/5018176/twilight-princess-hack-fix-ie-wii-33-now-hacked)

stefh
June 20th, 2008, 12:26
Well what can I say? I expected it at least to take longer than a week... :rofl:

nieekou
June 20th, 2008, 13:03
that's what happens when someone (nintendo) tries to hack the hack, it just gets hacked again! :P

geise69
June 20th, 2008, 13:07
I'm still not updating yet since I have no need too. What is the big reason to update for anyways? I never did bother to see what was new for this 3.3 update. So far all the games I play don't need it so I'm not touching anything till I have to. This is very good news since I'm sure a lot of people were a little worried about the whole thing.

____anders____
June 20th, 2008, 15:03
yay!

great news from team twiizers!:)

soo, i guess i can update now..
oh wait, no i won't cus i still wanna play SSBB (NTSC) on my PAL wii:)

EDIT: anyone tried this yet?

@geise69, oh what's new in 3.3?
i'll tell ya the awesomest update EVER!!
ok, here it is, just what nintendo tried to trade the TP hack for: you can drag a mii directly from the mii plaza to the mii parade, by just holdin A+B and drag your mii to the new icon in mii plaza.
damn that's cool!
won't you give up the twilight hack and the freeloader just for that?

:p

linkinworm
June 20th, 2008, 15:42
that's what happens when someone (nintendo) tries to hack the hack, it just gets hacked again! :P"hack the hack" lolssssss they dont hack the hack they PATCHED there system flaws turns out that there patch also had a new hole in it, the thing is nintendo didnt test anything after the patch because they thought "the system doesn accept fake zelda hacks they can use it anymore end of" they have been testing since march right? is that when fake VC games came into the scene? because team twiizer said they didnt expect them to block the hack on hackmii

____anders____
June 20th, 2008, 15:50
hehe, nintendo gotta be slooooow brainers:p

icecoolwas
June 20th, 2008, 16:02
2 to the hackers and one to nintendo

2-1

nieekou
June 20th, 2008, 16:48
"hack the hack" lolssssss they dont hack the hack they PATCHED there system flaws turns out that there patch also had a new hole in it, the thing is nintendo didnt test anything after the patch because they thought "the system doesn accept fake zelda hacks they can use it anymore end of" they have been testing since march right? is that when fake VC games came into the scene? because team twiizer said they didnt expect them to block the hack on hackmii

uhm, boringly enough, no. they "patched the systems flaw" when they released the updated zelda tp discs. they just wrote a fix to specifically delete the twilight hack, and had it been properly coded, it might just have worked :p
that qualifies as a hack to me, even though the question is rhetorical. and to quote bushing, "Okay, now this is just silly".

2nd post, welcome me :D

lipnox88
June 20th, 2008, 17:06
maybe Nintendo should just except the fact we won when it comes to the wii and better luck next console.

____anders____
June 20th, 2008, 18:46
maybe Nintendo should just except the fact we won when it comes to the wii and better luck next console.

yeah, they should definatley do that:D
WE WANT OUR HOMEBREW IN PEACE:p

BlueMonkey
June 20th, 2008, 20:13
There's a good reason Nintendo doesn't want anyone screwing around with their console. They are trying to prevent bricking, pirating, and cheating (online and offline). I do use homebrew, but I understand how Nintendo feels about this. There is really no point to homebrew because we have PCs, and they are able to be used in conjunction with TVs, with the ability to do more tasks than the Wii.

TVarmy
June 20th, 2008, 20:20
Nintendo should just make their own homebrew channel and release more virtual console games if they're so concerned. That way, they get control and the hackers are happy. Granted, this would limit the homebrew scene, but when has the whole cat and mouse thing worked out well for either side? Plus, chances are some jerk will write a bricking app and pitch it as something people want and then kill a bunch of Wiis with no hope for warranty repair.

maeurd
June 20th, 2008, 21:25

Maybe they shouldn't, and keep trying their stupid tricks so it works with next console :thumbup:

fg-54
June 21st, 2008, 01:56
well that didn't take long at all, I see we are in very good good hands now :)

agenericperson
June 21st, 2008, 02:29
I wonder how many times this is going to go back and forth between Nintendo and the homebrewers. I hope this is the last time. Though I highly doubt it. I'm just glad there is a fix in case my Wii comes back from repair updated...

grossaffe
June 21st, 2008, 04:13
how difficult would it be to rewrite the twilight hack for the gamecube version (would it work)? I bought TP before i had a wii, so i'm stuck without this hack for the time being...

maeurd
June 21st, 2008, 13:29
how difficult would it be to rewrite the twilight hack for the gamecube version (would it work)? I bought TP before i had a wii, so i'm stuck without this hack for the time being...

I don't think it'd have much point because the twilight hack is for loading .ELF files, which are usually used with Wii apps.

quzar
June 21st, 2008, 16:24
I don't think it'd have much point because the twilight hack is for loading .ELF files, which are usually used with Wii apps.

No the twilight hack is for starting your own code. In the twilight hack, they use an elf loader, there is no reason you couldn't use something else.

Wii_noob
August 8th, 2008, 10:36
Hi all, I don't seem to be able to start my own thread so I hope I get some help here :D

I'm trying to use the Twilight Hack, I removed the Twilight Princes saved game from the Wii saved game section, but I can't see the hack on the SD card, I copied the private folder with RZDP folder.

I have Wii menu v3.3E

I'm using a copied version of Zelda which I'm sure is the PAL version.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Wii_noob
August 8th, 2008, 11:28
doh! I didn't have the latest version, I can see the file fine now, but when I try to copy it to the Wii it says "Data was not copied"

Any ideas?

Tichinde925
August 9th, 2008, 14:51
You have to start up Twilight Princess, and make a save file.

Then go back to the Menu and delete the save file, and replace it with the Twilight Hack,

Im guessing the Wii doesnt accept saves unless the game has been played.

nugem
October 15th, 2008, 16:47
ive played the game and i still get the copy error. the old files copied but then i realized i had a 3.3 firmware. updated the needed files and the will not copy.. lol

any help?

sean.aaron
October 15th, 2008, 17:00
ive played the game and i still get the copy error. the old files copied but then i realized i had a 3.3 firmware. updated the needed files and the will not copy.. lol

any help?

Right, but have you created the save game?

Also, have you unzipped the directory and copied over the /private directory tree? Do you actually see the saves in the memory management interface?

nugem
October 15th, 2008, 17:20
i did create a new game, named my chr and horsie. and i do see the saves in the memory management i-face.

i have read many posts of people having the "file not copied" error. no fixes yet tho.

thank you for your time.

here is some detailed info...

i also have twilight-hack-v0.1-alpha3a , the "wiibrew loader" will not copy from the sd to the wii.

i have started a new game, ran around and then saved. entered the memory management and deleted the saved game and then accessed the SD card. when trying to copy the data.bin "rzde2.bin" it says "the data was not copied"

the old files copied ok, but then i realized i have version 3.3 so i grabbed the new loader. but no dice.

disk = rzde oa 2
loader = twilight-hack-v0.1-alpha3a

ive seen a lot of people have this problem. hopefully someone comes by with a solution. if someone feels inclined to email me please feel free to do so. thanks

-Nugem
[email protected]

sean.aaron
October 16th, 2008, 11:50
i also have twilight-hack-v0.1-alpha3a , the "wiibrew loader" will not copy from the sd to the wii.

You're running an outdated version of the hack. 3.3 requires version 0.1beta1.