PDA

View Full Version : Iggydrakes New Platform Demo

wraggster
October 3rd, 2005, 20:20
IggyDrake posted the release of a new platform game demo for the Dreamcast, heres what he posted:

Well, here it is....
I've been learning as much as I can on DC to make games for it, and after about a week or 2, I'm ready to show a demo.

I'm not used to dc very well, cuz it's so much harder than PC development, which I've been doin' for about 18 years. (I started on a CoCo 3 and C64 ^^!) But I tried my best.

I still have problems....the text window as you will see in screenshot is screwed because I 1) can't get an equiv to allegro's rest() function (usleep doesnt work, freezes game) so the text scrolling will happen instantly,
and i simply CANNOT find a way to space the letters correctly, as I cant
get the size of each letter written as I do on PC. if anyone knows how I can fix this, please help me if you would.
The music is only a short piece, mainly cuz I make my own songs on guitar and other instruments recorded into cpu, and I didnt have time right now.
Also, the gfx could have been much better; it's hard to hand draw chars
for such low resolution (I'm used to 1024x768) and the tiles were a quick job---aaa! sorry, i'm critisizing myself @___@ not my best, but they look nice, really.

Screenshots and downloads over at this DCEmulation forum topic --> http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=72252

DARKGATE
October 3rd, 2005, 20:59
AWESOME =D new, can be beauty made a program for create platforms games, =) i hope of see your platform finished =) good work.

Christuserloeser
October 4th, 2005, 01:30
Yeah, definitly a beauty :)