PDA

View Full Version : Doom-PSP v0.04 S.S. b4

wraggster
October 3rd, 2005, 22:48
Ryochan7 has released a new release of his version of DoomPSP, heres whats new:

Changes in Doom-PSP v0.04 S.S. b4:

-Removed case sensitive WAD lookup.

The last release only worked properly with WAD files with lowercase letters
in the filename. This release can work with WAD files that have uppercase letters, lowercase letters, and also with WAD files that have a mixture of uppercase and lowercase letters in the filename.

-Customizable button configuration. Button configuration is read from a text file.
The portion of the program that reads the file mostly remains unchanged from the DoomPSP v0.04u1 release. The method by which the buttons are implemented is the major difference.

-Added a fix that allows both Unix and Windows formatted text files to be read.
This program outputs the configuration changes to a Unix formatted text file.
The original code only allowed Windows formatted text files to work properly so the output data made by this program could not be read by the program.

-Added a button configuration submenu.

You can edit the button configuration while running the program. The changes can be saved to the configuration text file within the menu. To enter the submenu, press the L Trigger + the R Trigger + START. The layout of the menu is a little jank. You have to select which action you want to change from the right side and then press which button you want to be associated with the action. A swap will occur and the button that was highlighted will take the action of whatever the previous button had. Also, to switch from analog movement to using the DPad, you can select either
choice in the menu and press any button to swap the two actions.

Download Here -> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/doompsp.shtml

aruka57
October 3rd, 2005, 23:50
ooh, nice to know that a new PSP Doom is out ^^ this remains my favorite of the games out for the PSP, including retail ones, heh :P

not too much updated, but hey, any update is progress, right? ^^

edit: hey, nevermind.. there is 'much' updated... WAD SELECTOR :D

jambox
October 4th, 2005, 03:10
Does anyone know how to get unofficial WADs working? It always hangs on "w-initfile" for me...

Privateer
October 4th, 2005, 03:40
It's a cool update, sure, but I'd rather it come with a WAD selector when you boot it up.

parabolee
October 4th, 2005, 03:41
So there is a WAD selector in this version?

How does it work if not on start up?

JoshM248
October 4th, 2005, 03:42
Damnit, I need a bigger memory card.. Haha

urherenow
October 4th, 2005, 04:32
why don't you people just try it and see? Is it so hard to put your old version back on there if you don't like the new one? Anyway, It asks you to choose a wad file when you start it. I'm at work now so I'll have to try with multiple wad files later on (there was no point in having more than one before :)

with the wad selector this one gets a thumbs up from me :D

Mourningstar
October 4th, 2005, 05:00
The only wads I can get to work with this is Doom1 and Doom2. :(

Ive tried the HalfLife, Doom64, Goldeneye and Duke wads with this and it always says "files not found." :(

If anyone knows how to get the wads to work let me know...

RedKing14CA
October 4th, 2005, 05:50
the old version worked with duke, and doom 1, and doom 2, but i was wondering where you found a half life wad.... :p...

Mourningstar
October 4th, 2005, 05:55
Yea I know the old one worked with them...it worked with a lot of wads as long as you named them "DOOM2.WAD" but this new version wont let you have more than one wad named that...

As for the halflife.wad....I really dont remember....check the DOOM WADS thread.....

RedKing14CA
October 4th, 2005, 06:01
i did... could you maybe not email it to me at [email protected] *wink wink*

Mourningstar
October 4th, 2005, 06:07
http://mapage.noos.fr/httpperso/gp32demo/hl/hl.zip

Yahoo is your friend. ;)

urherenow
October 4th, 2005, 10:08
your yahoo link doesn't do much...

anyway you can have doom and doom2 both in your card and choose either one to play. Anything else doesn't seem to work. It does get farther when changing the name to doom2.wad however... I tried hexen and heretic. neither work.

Plude220
October 4th, 2005, 15:01
I tryed some different WADs on beats of rage and got some to work.

Thadd-Tastic
October 5th, 2005, 06:05
yea i would like to know where you got...doom64 goldeneye and i have yet to get a working DUKE on my psp! please help!

scubasteve_888
October 5th, 2005, 11:12
Just curious.. Will it ever be possible to make Doom-PSP have multiplayer features, so you can play it with the person beside you?

kennyk
October 23rd, 2005, 17:02
So did anyone manage to get unnoficial wad files to work?