PDA

View Full Version : Porting Cassini (Sega Saturn Emulator) to Xbox

Zale1
October 3rd, 2005, 23:43
I had this thread up earlier today and it mysteriously vanished. I just wanted to know if there is an effort to port cassini to xbox in order to allow use of saturn isos on it? I know its open source so I'm sure it can be done with the right programmers. Does anyone know more on this subject?

quzar
October 4th, 2005, 01:01
It vanished probably because a mod deleted it as cassini is an illegal emulator and most definetly isn't open source. of course illegality has never stopped xbox people before, but we here try to stay away from all that.

BlueCrab
October 4th, 2005, 13:35
It would be more likely that Yabause (http://yabause.sourceforge.net/), A real Open Source Saturn Emulator, would be ported to the Xbox, and a heck of a lot easier too. Yabause even has a Dreamcast port after all.

Hawq
October 4th, 2005, 18:47
It vanished probably because a mod deleted it as cassini is an illegal emulator and most definetly isn't open source. Despite the amusing efforts of those responsible to convince people otherwise, in a great bit one of those resonsible has a sig saying its a 'great open source emu' or some such, unfortunatly they seem to have some blind followers & seem to be ban happy on any dissenting voices including one guy that asked for the source. For an amusing look at the illegality of it go to emutalks saturn shack where theres a huge thread on it.