PDA

View Full Version : PSP's blue screen of death. No recovery mode. Help?

lordtoan
June 21st, 2008, 19:49
This has been driving me insane. I was running 3.95 GEN-2, and I was playin a ps1 game. When I quit, it got stuck on that "Please Wait..." Screen, and when I finally got the psp to turn off and then turn it back on, it was bricked. I went into recovery trying to figure out what to do, so i tried formatting flash1 (Yeah, stupid, i know.) Now I have no recovery menu, and I keep getting the blue screen of death. When I press O, it freezes for a minute or so,t hen shuts down. When I restart it, I get the blue screen AGAIN. Can anyone help me?! Please? >_<

Saracchini
June 21st, 2008, 20:22
Probabily corrupted flash1 partition. Even a simple Pandora firmware restore will not help you.
The best way to recovery it is reflashing an NAND backup using pandora. If you dont have an NAND backup you should use Nand Tools to repartition your NAND.

If you have a Phat PSP you can restore an NAND image of another person with the Pandora (NOT Despertar Cementerio) but without restoring idstorage keys (restore idstorage keys of another PSP will brick your PSP without any change of restauration) and then install firmware 1.50 again.. but it is an deseperate way to recovery it which i dont recomend.

lordtoan
June 21st, 2008, 20:31
How exactly would I go about re-flashing an NAND backup? I'm gonna need to get someone with a modded psp to make a pandora, huh... >_<

I'm going to look into that NAND tools thing though..

lordtoan
June 21st, 2008, 20:36
Now how would I use this if I can't get into my psp......? -totally lost-

Saracchini
June 21st, 2008, 20:53
Without Pandora you cant do anything with your PSP since it cant initialize even by Recovery Menu.
Nand Tools are used with an Pandora or DespertarCementerio MS,
Look at this site about NAND utilities : http://nds.cmamod.com/downloads/psp_downloads/

lordtoan
June 21st, 2008, 20:58
So I have to set up a pandora... Then put the nandtool on the magic memory stick...? Or do I install despertar cementerio first...?

lordtoan
June 22nd, 2008, 00:14
... My friend's on his way over with his modded PSP so I can make a Pandora, but I have no idea how I'm going about this...

lordtoan
June 22nd, 2008, 00:34
I just put fw 3.80 on my psp, it works. So I didn't need a nand or anything, it was just a ****ed up firmware issue I think. I'm putting CFW on it now, but I'm not using GEN-2 anymore.

Saracchini
June 22nd, 2008, 02:26
So I have to set up a pandora... Then put the nandtool on the magic memory stick...? Or do I install despertar cementerio first...?

Install Despertar Cementerio first, then follow the instalatiob instructions writen in the README of NandTools.

kjetil1991
June 23rd, 2008, 23:00
I just put fw 3.80 on my psp, it works. So I didn't need a nand or anything, it was just a ****ed up firmware issue I think. I'm putting CFW on it now, but I'm not using GEN-2 anymore.dude try editing your posts instead of triple posting!:mad: