PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Hack v0.1beta1

wraggster
June 21st, 2008, 22:56
Yet another awesome release for the Wii Scene, heres the new version of the Twilight Hack from Bushing (http://hackmii.com/2008/06/twilight-hack-v01beta1) :)

This new version of the Twilight Hack is compatible with version 3.3 of the Wii System Menu, using the workarounds explained in previous posts. Thanks to everyone on IRC who contributed to the search for the bugs, and to tmbinc and tehpola for finding the two bugs that make this possible.

Changelog for this release:

The Twilight Hack is now compatible with version 3.3 of the Wii System Menu.
Improvements in video configuration. The entire console should now be visible in all video modes, and scrolling has been improved.
For the USA version, the two variants of the hack have been packed into one save file. Just select the save slot that corresponds to your version of Twilight Pricess when you start the game.
New savegame icons by drmr. The new icons now show which region that version of the hack is for.
This version now tries to load boot.dol, and falls back to boot.elf if boot.dol is not found.
???????
Many, many bug fixes.

http://digg.com/nintendo/Homebrew_Back_on_Wii_With_New_Twilight_hack

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

firedragon_jing
June 22nd, 2008, 05:34
Let me be the first here to say this is beyond awesome. I already have the homebrew channel installed, but I'm glad the option to install it is now still available to people who haven't discovered it yet but upgraded already. This will show Nintendo that they can't just block us, cause you know that's what this update was all about, it even said so in the changelog, they can try to stop us again, but the homebrew community will always find a workaround.:thumbup:

____anders____
June 22nd, 2008, 15:02
yeah, don't mess with the twiizers!:p

wizard
July 1st, 2008, 01:17
I haven't had issues with the previous versions, but this one doesn't even show up on my SD card. Bummer since I have 3.3 firmware. The old versions still show up on my SD card, but don't work. I've got the US version. Any one else have this issue or suggestions? The file is in the correct directory and named right.

masterchief929
July 1st, 2008, 01:21
go twiizers! the homebrew community won another round!

wizard
July 1st, 2008, 02:46
So, after searching around it seems I wasn't the only one with this issue. No suggestions I tried worked however. I tried renaming the data.bin file to just data (no .bin), I tried naming it data.bin.bin, I tried using the other two region data files instead (japan didn't show up, pal showed up as "???" and wouldn't copy) none of it worked.

Then after 3 hours of attempts.... I went slightly mad. I hit CTRL+C on the data.bin file then I hit CTRL+V, CTRL+V, CTRL+V, CTRL+V, CTRL+V, named the a couple files differently and threw it back into the Wii (see attached image). SUCCESS!! Though I have no idea which one worked. I've got the Homebrew Channel going now, so hopefully I won't have to mess with this again. This is the first time a hint of insanity has ever solved my problems, so I thought I'd share.

lumo
July 12th, 2008, 17:19
ummm...not sure what im doing wrong but i cant seem to load any homebrew using this, every boot.elf i stick on there (homebrew channel, quakegx, wii64) all just fail to load when the game crashes. sd card is found and then it reads boot.elf then tells me failed to read boot.elf (-!)!
is every single elf i download corrupt or am i doing sumthing wrong