PDA

View Full Version : Hugo-Wii - PC Engine Emulator for Wii/GC Released

wraggster
June 21st, 2008, 23:25
News/release from Eke-Eke (http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showpost.php?p=33119&postcount=58):

Here is another version: I didn't really look into emulation bugs but took the time to implement most features already included in other ports.

Also, I included preliminar support for CD-ROM images but only for .ISO or .BIN files. This means that there is still no .MP3 or .WAV support and the games won't play their CD tracks properly. This is still work in progress as I need to understand a little better the .HCD format used by Hu-go! as well as getting my hand into MP3 playback using libogc (any help would be appreciated !)

Here we go, as usual, the full changelog:

Quote:
14/06/2008:
-----------
[PCE]
- sourcecode cleanup
- fixed multiplayer support (max. 4 players)
- added preliminary Super CD-ROM support: Data only (.ISO & .BIN image files), no CDDA track support

[NGC/WII]
- fixed progressive mode support, now automatically detected

[Wii only]
- added automatic TV mode detection (from SYSCONF), no more PAL60 version needed
- added option to return to Wii System Menu
- fixed "TP reload" option: now compatible with HB channel
- removed SD-Gekko support (Wii slot becomes default slot)
- added Wii SD slot support for WRAM files
- added Wiimote, Nunchuk & Classic controllers support through libwiiuse (see User Manual for default keys)

sourcecode

KNOWN BUGS:

. WRAM Load & Save options are inverted
. 480p is not enabled by default when detected, you have to switch PROGRESSIV rendering mode in options to have it enabled
. some games have missing sound and graphic glitches due to some emulation inaccuracy

ISO/BIN SUPPORT:

. a ROM image of the System Card (better use 3.0) must be renamed as syscard.pce and placed into /hugo directory
. CD Audio & ADCPM playback is currently NOT supported

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

agenericperson
June 22nd, 2008, 03:03
CD support. I've been waiting for this. Can't wait to try it out.

iceman100
July 23rd, 2008, 00:49
The save and load functions don't work, and it just resets you system.

goshogun1
August 5th, 2008, 23:41
The CD support of this release is quite nice. Tried Dracula X, both Spriggans, lords of thunder, gate of thunder...etc. Most of them worked, albeit without CD audio, or high quality sound effects. Not having CD audio means I can fit a massive amount of games onto my SD card though, which is kinda nice.

kevenz
August 6th, 2008, 03:54
^ How Draculax works? I mean there is 2 iso file in that game....

I tried Air Zonk and there is no sound and the control are messed up.

Bomberman 93 has sound but control is messed up also. It seems once you press a button sometimes the button gets stuck and you put bomb infinitely.... same problem with Air Zonk, the guy shoot endlessely.

Well maybe i'm doing something wrong but the emulator doesn't work very well for me.

looking forward a newer release.

eke-eke
August 6th, 2008, 11:29
read the manual included, you accidentally activated auto fire for buttons 1 or 2

The Gamecube joypad is mapped as follows:

Button A PCE Button 1
Button B PCE Button 2
Button X PCE Turbo 1
Button Y PCE Turbo 2
Trigger Z PCE Select
Start PCE Run
L trigger Menu

When no expansion controller is connected, the Wiimote is used horizontally
and mapped as follows:

Button 1 PCE Button 1
Button 2 PCE Button 2
Button A PCE Turbo 1
Button B PCE Turbo 2
MINUS PCE Run
PLUS PCE Select
HOME Menu

When a Nunchuk is connected, the Wiimote is used vertically and mapped as follows:

Button A PCE Button 1
Button B PCE Button 2
Z Trigger PCE Turbo 1
C Trigger PCE Turbo 2
MINUS PCE Run
PLUS PCE Select
HOME Menu

air zonk has definitely no sound in hugo, still need to find why

whYeNQue
August 6th, 2008, 13:00
i think sometimes turbo is activated by accident when you reload a different rom.

maybe there needs to be an option to turn off turbo before going into the game.

kevenz
August 7th, 2008, 02:46
ok thanks eke-eke, I didn't know you can activate turbo with your emulator, but now that you mention it.... it does make sense.

I'm playing with Classic Controller and like whYeNQue said, you could add an option to turn turbo on/off in the main option menu....if it's not too much trouble of course.

Overall I'm really happy with this emu, looking foward a full cd support.

evilmario666
August 29th, 2008, 21:23
call me a noob but can someone explain to me what this is before i download it please

WhizzBang
August 30th, 2008, 00:06
call me a noob but can someone explain to me what this is before i download it please

This is an emulator of a machine called the 'PC Engine', or the 'TurboGrafx-16' in the US. It was a games console that was slightly not as good as the SNES or Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, but much better than anything before it, and it had some great arcade game conversions and so is particularly good for Shoot 'em Ups and platform games.

A near arcade perfect conversion of R-Type is probably the best thing that was released on it, but there is plenty of other great games such as Bomberman, Pac Land and Parodius.

Basically it has some great looking and sounding 16 bit games.