PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Yabause alpha1 - Sega Saturn For Nintendo Wii

wraggster
June 21st, 2008, 23:37
News/release from Markus1981 (http://tehskeen.com/forums/showpost.php?p=33184&postcount=29)

I made some minor changes to the source code
I took the cue support out of yui.c and also all the non working stuff of the menu
With this version you can load only the iso
The iso must be renamed to game.iso
The bios must be named bios.bin
you need the following structure

apps\yabause\boot.elf
apps\yabause\game.iso
apps\yabause\bios.bin (tested with european bios)

the rar has a compiled binary and includes modified source code (i changed yui.c)
a logo and a xml

This is maybe not a 100% solution but at least it should let you play more games . I am just learning to programm in C

I tested it with bubble bubble and it works at almost full speed
the colours of the intro are just a little mixed up

Credit goes to team yabause for their awesome work

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Eviltaco64
June 21st, 2008, 23:56
Wow, good release :)

DPyro
June 22nd, 2008, 00:15
Interesting...

Jay6
June 22nd, 2008, 01:58
Can someone go test NiGHTS? If it works near perfectly, then I may consider getting this.

mikebeaver
June 22nd, 2008, 06:13
Will it run from real Saturn discs or do the games have to be in a special format on the SD card, as I have a few Saturn originals lying around (infact the Panzer Dragoon Saga demo is sat in front of me, lol) so I might just try this out later, once I have been to pick up the new PS3 and had a play with that, he he :

Mike..

DimensionT
June 22nd, 2008, 06:46
Reading of discs for any emulator on the Wii is impossible, unless you're talking about throwing a bunch of ISOs on a DVD. The Wii cannot read CDs, the drive doesn't support it.

I don't know what the stance is for ripping originals on DCEmu is, so just edit this if need be...

Just download a program called MagicISO. The free version supports CDs (not DVDs). Then just use that to rip the disk into an ISO and follow the file structure. If you need help, the homepage of the MagicISO site has a guide.

apps\yabause\boot.elf
apps\yabause\game.iso
apps\yabause\bios.bin (tested with european bios)

I don't know if there's any copy counter measures on Saturn discs, but I doubt there is.

Dr Eggman
June 22nd, 2008, 12:11
There's also a version with bin/cue. This was the original compile by ds342.

This is from the Tehskeen in case anyone wants the first one or to use bin/cue.

Starscream
June 22nd, 2008, 15:05
It won't run any game "near perfectly", because it's a very early, unoptimized port. It's probably cool if you want to see a saturn game booting up on the wii, otherwise my suggestion is to simply wait for new progress by the Yabause team or anyone who seriously works on it.

BlueCrab
June 22nd, 2008, 18:37
It won't run any game "near perfectly", because it's a very early, unoptimized port. It's probably cool if you want to see a saturn game booting up on the wii, otherwise my suggestion is to simply wait for new progress by the Yabause team

Waiting for progress from the Yabause team is usually a pretty good idea. Remember, there would actually be an official binary of Yabause for the Wii, if we thought it was ready for that. The Wii port of Yabause is very young, and thus not optimized.

Give us time. ;)

acg12xu
June 22nd, 2008, 19:47
Waiting for progress from the Yabause team is usually a pretty good idea. Remember, there would actually be an official binary of Yabause for the Wii, if we thought it was ready for that. The Wii port of Yabause is very young, and thus not optimized.

Give us time. ;)

I am actually blown away with this emulator. I was surprised to be able to boot up Bubble Bobble and actually play it!

Thanks so much for working on a Saturn emulator. Long live Saturn.

realbrucest
June 23rd, 2008, 22:48
I've tested a few games. Many 2D games run (slow and some important glitches), the best (and only ;)) 3D engine I've could seen running on this release is Initial D. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZDTcOpNjmo

It was amazing when I first watched what is shown on that video. Yabause team are doing an impressive job.

Of course, thanks from a saturn fan.

metaleggman
June 28th, 2008, 08:22
Hehe, I still have my old saturn hooked up to a commodore 1702 monitor, although I haven't used it much. It's a US saturn yet all I have is Japanese games. Lol, thank God for the Action Replay. :D

If this can get working to a good enough point, I'd definitely download it. Can't wait for an official release. I love me some saturn. :)

vicious1988
June 28th, 2008, 13:44
I've got a Saturn, not hooked up though. Great system though overlooked because of its outer similarities to the Genesis. We all seen what happens when Sega changes a formula that works (Dreamcast=still the greatest system EVAR).

BTW, anyone know what could be the problem with a Saturn A/V cable? When I let it hang normal the sound is real quiet so I have to put a book or something under the plug to improve the connection and get louder sound.

lou87
September 23rd, 2008, 20:49
I dont know what to do i keep getting the message that my bios.bin is not detected or not found

I have tried with every bios i can get for the sega saturn and mii wii keeps on displaying the same message
what am i doing rwrong
i put he bios file in the yabuse folder
as bios.bin

i have tried with european bios and usa bios

2DEVIL4U
October 23rd, 2008, 20:56
i need someone that can help to modify well the saturn on the wii step by step please i dont know what im doing wrong.

panmusic
December 9th, 2008, 08:27
What is happening with this project?It is over 5 months with no updates.Is this ptoject dead?:mad:

BlueCrab
December 9th, 2008, 18:27
It was an unofficial release -- not sanctioned by the Yabause team at large (although, all of the Wii version code is in Yabause proper). The Yabause team does not feel that the Wii version is ready for a full release, and thus there have been no official binaries for the Wii.

Simply put, when the Yabause team feels that the Wii version is ready for a release, it will have an official release. Until then, if you want to use it, you can easily grab the source code from the Yabause website, and compile it yourself. If you don't know how to do this, then you'd probably be better off not using the Wii version at all.

kevenz
December 9th, 2008, 22:30
I don't think the Wii can run sega saturn at full speed anyway..... sounds kinda impossible considering the Gba emulator suffer from slowdown.

qipqop
December 22nd, 2010, 20:31
How to run Yabause on WII 4.3U
WIITHOUT HBC?
Is there any alternate loaders?
Which needs only SD card?
ALL I WANT IS:
To play Saturn Bomberman for TWO PLAYERS.