PDA

View Full Version : WiiRD / GeckoOS - Region Free Gaming on Wii

wraggster
June 22nd, 2008, 00:00
Nuke (http://www.usbgecko.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2059) is back with new version of gecko the region free game loader for the Nintendo Wii:

Gecko0S - First public beta for WiiRD / Region Free.

This is the first public beta to allow people to try out WiiRD (Wii Remote Debugger). It also has a new Gecko Region Free engine which will boot nearly all games, even from the homebrew channel.

SD card features and USB Gecko client commands are disabled in the version as they are unfinished but I wanted to release a version of WiiRD / GeckoRF engine due to large amount of requests and the fact Gecko RF 1.5 had too many bugs :)

The package comes as a app which can be launched with the homebrew channel, also a DOL file is included if you want to make trucha based DVDs or custom channels.

The region free settings can be set in the config menu if your just using the app for region free, or if using WiiRD this information will be stored in its config file.

WiiRD is a game hackers dream app, with a large number of cool tools you can use. The official website for it is http://wiird.l0nk.org/wp/

Download and give feedback via comments

____anders____
June 22nd, 2008, 01:20
YES!

if it will boot SSBB, then i can finally update to 3.3:)

anyone tried this with SSBB?, i don't have the time to try it yet, i will tomorrow though:)

EDIT: yaay! it finally works with SSBB!:)
i used the VideoTV (or something:p) patch without any other patch and it works flawless:)

it doesn't give a codedump screen anymore if it fails to boot a game, it says something about No DVD, so you don't have to hard reset anymore:)

Baboon
June 23rd, 2008, 14:57
YES!

if it will boot SSBB, then i can finally update to 3.3:)

anyone tried this with SSBB?, i don't have the time to try it yet, i will tomorrow though:)

EDIT: yaay! it finally works with SSBB!:)
i used the VideoTV (or something:p) patch without any other patch and it works flawless:)

it doesn't give a codedump screen anymore if it fails to boot a game, it says something about No DVD, so you don't have to hard reset anymore:)

So can this be used without a Gecko? Can I use this just as software via the HBC to load my US copy of Brawl on my PAL wii? ...if so then thats ideal! :thumbup:

____anders____
June 23rd, 2008, 16:20
yeah, it works just great, i don't have a gecko.

i have a PAL wii with NTSC-U version of SSBB and it works just great:)

Baboon
June 23rd, 2008, 17:32
Thanks for the info... I'll give it a go now. :)

OMIGHTY1
August 16th, 2008, 00:41
So, what can I use this for, other than region free, which I have no use for?