PDA

View Full Version : Space Invaders Extreme

wraggster
June 22nd, 2008, 10:34
Newly released:

http://image1.play-asia.com/170/6s/pa.122320.1.jpg

Space Invaders Extreme combines the captivating essence of the original game with a stunning alliance of futuristic graphic design and cutting-edge audio. The gameplay experience has been developed to maximise on the consoles' abilities, offering players a whole new range of amazing features including a vast array of new power-ups.

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-b9-49-en-84-j-70-2mds.html

osgeld
June 22nd, 2008, 20:07
who would pay for space invaders in 2008

goto google, type in space invaders, theres 45 billion different takes on the game for free (and most are simple flash games so your psp can play em too!)

Buddy4point0
June 22nd, 2008, 21:59

goto google, type in space invaders, theres 45 billion different takes on the game for free (and most are simple flash games so your psp can play em too!)

SRSLY

jamotto
June 22nd, 2008, 23:21
Cool, the demo was fun. I will have to add this to my list of games to pick up.

andwhyisit
June 23rd, 2008, 00:35

Play the demo and you will understand. This makes every space invaders clone, port and even the original look pathetic in comparison. Well at least in my opinion.

osgeld
June 23rd, 2008, 02:24
well i did

and its amusing for about as long as the demo lasted, you have space invaders, space invaders on sine waves, space invaders in waves, big space invader and your standard issue r-type weapons that let you blast tru 1 level a second

all with meh sound effects and alot of goofy looking screen noise (i suppose thats what they call eye candy) that floods the screen till the point of visual overload but has absolutely nothing to do with the game

jamotto
June 23rd, 2008, 03:43
well i did

and its amusing for about as long as the demo lasted, you have space invaders, space invaders on sine waves, space invaders in waves, big space invader and your standard issue r-type weapons that let you blast tru 1 level a second

all with meh sound effects and alot of goofy looking screen noise (i suppose thats what they call eye candy) that floods the screen till the point of visual overload but has absolutely nothing to do with the game

All set to music the reacts to how well you are doing, throw in a pinch of nostalgia and you have a game that you can kill a few minutes here and a few minutes there.

Joe88
June 23rd, 2008, 06:43
Play the demo and you will understand. This makes every space invaders clone, port and even the original look pathetic in comparison. Well at least in my opinion.

QFT

osgeld
June 23rd, 2008, 06:56
All set to music the reacts to how well you are doing, throw in a pinch of nostalgia and you have a game that you can kill a few minutes here and a few minutes there.

but is it worth the 20-50! dollars they are asking for it, which brings us right back to my original post

i might consider this if it was a 4.99 psn store download , cause someone had to spin the sprites sideways and re-do a 30 year old sinewave effect but come on

jamotto
June 23rd, 2008, 11:55
but is it worth the 20-50! dollars they are asking for it, which brings us right back to my original post

i might consider this if it was a 4.99 psn store download , cause someone had to spin the sprites sideways and re-do a 30 year old sinewave effect but come on

All depends on the person I suppose. They have changed more in this game compared to Madden 200x where only the names change and if your lucky a new half-baked feature is added and that apparently is worth $60 as it sells like gangbusters.

djbrotherson
June 23rd, 2008, 19:18
This game was out ages ago already, it's like 50 megs

AdamRav
June 23rd, 2008, 19:50
Its a good time passer .....

Joe88
June 23rd, 2008, 22:06

the JP ver was out
however if you can read JP then you cant really know what is going on when you are going through menu's

andwhyisit
June 24th, 2008, 11:22
You didn't know it was in Japan all that time, yet you knew the filesize of the game. Explain how this is even possible.

AdamRav
June 24th, 2008, 13:28
You didn't know it was in Japan all that time, yet you knew the filesize of the game. Explain how this is even possible.

Coz he's a suspect pirate of the web

dangee
June 24th, 2008, 14:27
those inVaders never give up.

Galaxians Extreme and Phoenix '09 to follow ?