PDA

View Full Version : What is your Favourite music genre?

raymodart
August 8th, 2023, 13:15
No matter what you think about music these days, there will always be someone who will criticize what you listen to, or even go so far as to reject you as a person. In modern society, it is customary to judge too quickly. I found interesting facts about each type of genre and how we are classified.

Personally, I prefer listening to metal, rock, alternative, and also the Gothic side of things. My favorite bands of all time are Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir and some nu metal bands like Slipknot and Rammstein. I also wear band T-shirts, and yes, I am the proud owner of several pairs of new rock boots. Does that make me angry? Well, some people will judge even before they start a conversation or really get into my personality.

Here is a study conducted in different musical genres, and the results of each individual study.

Fans of top 40 pop hits are usually extroverts, honest and generally accepted. While pop music lovers are hardworking and have high self-esteem, researchers suggest that they tend to be less creative and more restless.

Despite the stereotype that rap fans are more aggressive or prone to violence, researchers have not actually found such a connection. Rap fans tend to have high self-esteem and are usually sociable.

Country music fans tend to be hardworking, traditional and sociable. While country songs are often about broken hearts, people gravitating to this genre tend to be very emotionally stable. They also tend to be more conservative and rank lower on the basis of openness to experience.

Despite the sometimes aggressive image that rock and heavy metal create, researchers have found that fans of this style of music are usually quite soft. They tend to be creative, but are often introverted and may suffer from low self-esteem.

Fans of the indie genre are usually introverts, intellectuals and creatives. According to the researchers, they also tend to be less hardworking and less gentle. Passivity, anxiety and low self-esteem are other common personality characteristics.

According to researchers, people who prefer dance music are usually sociable and assertive. They also tend to appreciate openness to experience, one of the five main personality traits. People who prefer fast-paced electronic music also tend to underestimate softness.

Classical music lovers tend to be more introverted, but at the same time feel at ease with themselves and the world around them. They are creative and have a good sense of self-worth.

It was found that people who like jazz, blues or soul music are more extroverted and have high self-esteem. They also tend to be very creative, smart and laid-back.

So, whatever you listen to or whatever you like, dont worry about what other people think. Be yourself and be happy with who you are.

bostavan
August 8th, 2023, 13:29
Music is a beautiful expression of individuality, and its essential to embrace our diverse tastes without fear of judgment. Your love for metal, rock, alternative, and gothic genres shows your appreciation for the artistry and creativity in music. Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Slipknot, and Rammstein are fantastic choices! By the way, since you have an affinity for exploring different genres, have you ever delved into the mesmerizing sounds of the bouzouki (https://mcneelamusic.com/bouzoukis/)? Its a captivating Greek stringed instrument that could add an exciting new dimension to your music journey.