PDA

View Full Version : delivery of a new car

caesduman
August 11th, 2023, 09:07
After ordering a new HS, an exclusive DCT in blue, back in December, which we replaced with a previous ZS EV order, the car finally arrived at the end of last week. I jumped out to pick it up, exchanging it for a 2019 Mercedes C-class station wagon, which we just didnt get along with (a terrible autobox and, frankly, too low for those over 35 to get in and out of it)....

I sat in the dealership for more than an hour, sorting out papers, which should have taken half as long, considering how simple the exchange was, and when it came time to hand over the keys, it turned out that HS had a fault code after the overnight SIM card update from SAIC headquarters - but, even worse, the computer the dealership did not issue a fault code.has not been updated from the same SAIC headquarters, so they cannot interpret or fix the fault code. After wandering around, I eventually left the dealership with neither my own Mercedes nor a new HS, since the first one was now registered as "on sale", and the HS, indicating a malfunction, could not be transferred!!! So in the end I left with a "polite" GS 2017!!! (which, I must say, is a despicable machine in every way - truly terrible in agricultural terms!)

I dont think Ive ever had such a terrible experience buying a new car! Its the first time for me to enter with a valuable "trade-in" and leave the showroom with neither one nor the other!

I hope to hear tomorrow when I will be able to get a car for which we have already paid in full, but has anyone else encountered similar problems when collecting new era MGS?

raymodart
August 17th, 2023, 15:04
It is definitely surprising to hear about the challenges with the SIM update and the lack of support from the UK HQ. Hopefully, the dealership will be able to resolve the fault code soon and get your fully paid-for car to you as soon as possible. It is understandable to have concerns about the growing pains of a brand like MG, especially with aspirations of sales growth. It is good that you are not blaming the dealership, as it sounds like they could have done the handover checks beforehand. When it comes time for your next MG HS delivery, you may want to consider using open auto transport (https://www.shipaa.com/open-transport/) for a reliable and efficient transportation process. This way, you can ensure your new car arrives safely and on time.