PDA

View Full Version : v3.3 and The Homebrew Channel

wraggster
June 22nd, 2008, 19:21
Marcan posted this :

If you try to install The Homebrew Channel beta8 with version 3.3 of the system menu, you’ll get a message that looks like this:

You have Wii System Menu version 353 (v22 USA) installed.
The Homebrew Channel has only been tested with
Wii System Menu version 290 (v18) and below.
Press ACCEPT to continue at your own risk or CANCEL to abort

As we have tested The Homebrew Channel with this new system menu, continuing installation at this point is safe. Please make sure you check with the usual sites to make sure any future updates are still compatible with The Homebrew Channel. This only applies to the System Menu 3.3, shown in the message as v22 <region>.

http://hackmii.com/2008/06/v33-and-the-homebrew-channel/

____anders____
June 22nd, 2008, 21:07
i still don't know if i should update to 3.3..

i know i can use the Gecko OS for regionfreeing my wii, and i heard that the trucha dvd's works with Gecko OS on firmware 3.3, have anyone tried a trucha-signed disc with the Gecko OS on firmware 3.3?

and SSBB works just great with the updated version of Gecko OS too:)

whereismydonut
June 23rd, 2008, 13:24
:mad:
I just wanna say a big "UP YOURS Nintendo"! For years I have been faithful, but now with FW3.3E I can say I have never been so disappointed. It's blocked my freeloader with which I was playing legitmate games. GET BENT! FIX IT!

I want everyone to be aware of this and make their opinions voiced. I now have over $500 worth of games collecting dust, after purchasing a freeloader WHICH WAS GUARANTEED NOT TO BE BLOCKED.

Just felt like I needed to vent my opinions.
(I understand it is their right to block the use of whatever software they chose, but I still pay them for the games, just not for the time I have to wait for them to bring it out locally, I am aware I will probably be flamed for this, but I don't care because I feel an injustice has been done).

pastperfeckt
June 23rd, 2008, 13:34
why don't you simply use a freeloader via the homebrew channel??

rayminette
June 23rd, 2008, 13:37
I just wanna say a big "UP YOURS Nintendo"! For years I have been faithful, but now with FW3.3E I can say I have never been so disappointed. It's blocked my freeloader with which I was playing legitmate games. GET BENT! FIX IT!

I want everyone to be aware of this and make their opinions voiced. I now have over $500 worth of games collecting dust, after purchasing a freeloader WHICH WAS GUARANTEED NOT TO BE BLOCKED.

(I understand it is their right to block the use of whatever software they chose, but I still pay them for the games, just not for the time I have to wait for them to bring it out locally, I am aware I will probably be flamed for this, but I don't care because I feel an injustice has been done).

Yeah, I felt the same way as you do when my GC Action Replay got blocked on my Wii. I still have my GC, but I liked the convenience of using it on my Wii.

Baboon
June 23rd, 2008, 14:23
I've not updated yet as I am happy enough with all my homebrew and emus on 3.2e.

why don't you simply use a freeloader via the homebrew channel??

I know that the US version of smash brawl does not work on my PAL wii when using a region freeloader via the HBC channel. The only way I can play my import was by using datels freeloader disc (which on the latest firmware is apparently broken)... unless there's an updated version for the HBC that now works with Brawl on my Pal Wii?. ...I'll stick to 3.2e until this changes with an update.

____anders____
June 23rd, 2008, 16:22
it works for me on my PAL wii, i use the VidTV patch and it works awesome!:)

it's the one you asked me if it works with NTSC version of SSBB on a PAL wii that i use:)

it's here:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=117557&highlight=gecko

and it boots trucha signed discs too, if you have a modded wii of course, so i'll maybe update to 3.3 as i got SSBB and the scrubbed mario kart wii, both work flawless with the Gecko OS app:)

Joel92
June 23rd, 2008, 20:58

It sounds like you should be more pissed at Datel, sense they were the ones who said it wouldnt ever be blocked.
What I have learned over the past 3 years - Datel's trustworthiness and honesty isn't worth an owl pellet.