PDA

View Full Version : Euro 2008 - Whos Gonna Win ?

wraggster
June 22nd, 2008, 20:54
With only Germany, Turkey Russia and spain or italy left who do you think will win euro 2008

my money is on the winner of italy and spain personally although Germany beating portugal was a massive win for the archrivals of england :)

JKKDARK
June 22nd, 2008, 21:18
Germany, I hope.

Turkey will lose because they have various players suspended for the semi-finals. And anyway, we have a better team :)

At the moment is playing Italy and Spain. Italy have better players, so I want them out of the competition.

dejkirkby
June 22nd, 2008, 21:43
I have backed Spain to finally win something!

splodger15
June 22nd, 2008, 21:47
Spain to strong a side

wraggster
June 22nd, 2008, 22:22
Spain won :)

dont like italys football, play the game as it should be :)

spain for the win i reckon

WhizzBang
June 22nd, 2008, 22:34
I think Germany will win. However, every prediction I have made so far in this tournament has been wrong.

Rocksil
June 22nd, 2008, 22:38
Either Germany, Spain or Russia but I am going to go with Spain.

splodger15
June 23rd, 2008, 07:19
Spain Vs Germany final

But I wouldn't underestimate the russians

mike_jmg
June 23rd, 2008, 08:02
My father and my two brothers love to watch football, I personally don't like it that much, but I remembered a phrase they were saying, That I can't remember who said it

but it goes like this:

El futbol son once contra once y al final siempre gana alemania

Translated

Football is eleven against eleven and in the end Germany always wins

But I would like Spain to win cause my grandfather was spanish and I've some spanish blood in me

Darksaviour69
June 23rd, 2008, 11:25
At the start of the tournament I thought Holland were going to win it, they looked so good in the group stages. I think its wide open at this stage as none of the last 4 teams have looked overly impressive. My head say Germany are going to win, but I think i would like spain to win, but could Russia do the double this year (eurovision and euro 08)

Axelius
June 23rd, 2008, 13:02
I wonder if I will survive Wednesday when the match Germany vs Turkey takes place. If Germany wins I'm really afraid of going outside :rofl: (BTW: There are many Turkish people in my neighbourhood for you who don't know...)

jonezybaby
June 23rd, 2008, 14:30
well ive back spain from the start so i wont change my mind now!

Cummon You Reds!!

pibs
June 23rd, 2008, 16:39
Spain all the way!

splodger15
June 24th, 2008, 08:27
I wonder if I will survive Wednesday when the match Germany vs Turkey takes place. If Germany wins I'm really afraid of going outside :rofl: (BTW: There are many Turkish people in my neighbourhood for you who don't know...)

lol You should just go outside and fly your flag :rofl:. When the world cup is on I hang the England flag out my bedroom window and don't give a damm who see's it

Axelius
June 24th, 2008, 17:40
Well, in fact I have a flag on the balcony, but I just hope they don't break into my apartment...

Darksaviour69
June 26th, 2008, 13:17
so the germans did it again, but from the highlights I saw, it looked like it was a close match. So who will germany face in the final spain or russia?

Axelius
June 26th, 2008, 13:31
The match was a drama, Germany did a really bad job. But in the end they did it anyway...

What was very annoying were the frequent technical difficulties. They seemed to have some problems in the transmitting station in Vienna (I know that the match was in Basel, but it was broadcasted from Vienna...)

Honestly, I'd prefer Spain to be in the final. I think they're more predictable and less dangerous. You never know what the Russians can do...

BTW: I survived the match, Yeah!! One of my classmates, however, didn't turn up today ;-)

splodger15
June 27th, 2008, 13:55
Spain Vs Germany final

I've gotta say Spain for the win. I'm just not to sure on Germany and especially Lehamn Goalkeeper.

Axelius
June 27th, 2008, 14:06
Oh, Lehmann is quite okay. In the match against Turkey he had some difficulties, but he is still good. I will always remember the penalty shootout in the World Cup 2006 against Argentina.

Etze
June 27th, 2008, 14:43
I am German - so I hope that the German team will win.

"Deutschland, Deutschland, Deutschland, Deutschland!"

Axelius
June 28th, 2008, 08:54
lol, just registered for a football-thread. But in this case it's appropriate...

By the way, I'm German too (as you can see under my avatar...), but I will just be shouting SCHLAAAAND!!!

(The first not German person who guesses what SCHLAND stands for get's a cookie :thumbup:)

dejkirkby
June 28th, 2008, 17:06
I'm guessing it is the last part of Deutschland.

mike_jmg
June 28th, 2008, 17:22
Spain has to win

Axelius
June 28th, 2008, 18:22
I'm guessing it is the last part of Deutschland.
Yeah, you're right...Wasn't as interesting as I thought it would be :rolleyes:

It's because when the fans at a match are shouting "Deutschland" you only understand "SCHLAND!!" Some years ago, they even started selling football shirts for fans with SCHLAND on it:D

Anyway, here's your cookie:
http://www.sallys-place.com/food/columns/zonis/Best_Cookie-20.jpg
I was looking for some football-style cookie, but couldn't find one :(