PDA

View Full Version : Can I use a Pandora Battery as a Normal battery?

Warrior114
June 22nd, 2008, 21:01
If I got my PSP Slim (v3.95) Battery and Pandora'ized it, could I still use this now new Pandora battery as a normal battery to power my Psp slim (v3.95)...I want to get it to custom firmware 1.5,

Thanks for the help

firedragon_jing
June 23rd, 2008, 02:57
To answer your question, no a Pandora Battery (jigkick) once modified can only be used as a a ways to enable external reading off an MS in diagnostic mode. Now with this you can run a separate firmware off of your MS. If you don't plan on using the Pandora again, when creating it, you can set it to restore itself to a regular battery after recovery.

A Slim PSP cannot run 1.50 anything. DAX has made all the newer CFWs compatible with Slims, and they can add 1.50 options to Phats.

Warrior114
June 24th, 2008, 00:35
ok, so what can I do?
can I still make it some form of custom firmware?
if so, which ones? I need to gather information before I do anything stupid

ExcruciationX
June 24th, 2008, 00:42
Did you soft mod it or hard mod it?

A soft modded Pandora's Battery can be changed back using the included software.

Warrior114
June 24th, 2008, 23:40
Would a Datel tool battery work? because I don't want to do anything to my battery, I get quite aggressive when it comes to things like this and so i know I will wreck it...
I heard you can use Datel tool battery as a pandora battery

firedragon_jing
June 25th, 2008, 04:40
Tool Battery is a Pandora Battery, just packaged by Datel, the only commercial homebrew friendly company on the market.

This is the best option if you don't want to go through the hassle of making your own. You'll still need a homebrew capable PSP to make the Pandora MS to go with the battery. Though I believe someone people have made programs for the PC that can do this as well, not 100% on that.

ennok
June 25th, 2008, 07:53
Tool Battery is a Pandora Battery, just packaged by Datel, the only commercial homebrew friendly company on the market.

This is the best option if you don't want to go through the hassle of making your own. You'll still need a homebrew capable PSP to make the Pandora MS to go with the battery. Though I believe someone people have made programs for the PC that can do this as well, not 100% on that.

I used this link http://www.blastprocessing.net/?page_id=20

It details every thing I had to do for modding my psp slim. Only thing you need is a pandora battery and a memory stick(not a pandora mem stick .. there are programs the link uses that create it). Although I believe it talks about that if you have access to a psp that's already modded you can softmod your battery into a pandora battery. Then turn it back into a normal one after your done modding.

That link is what I used to mod my psp. I just read the whole thing very carefully and took my time. Only issue is that one of the programs you need will not work in Vista, you have to have access to xp or lower. So I had to switch to my other pc.. no biggie.

Just remember your mem stick gets formatted during all this so back up what you need to.

p.s. .. guess I should mention that I had gotten the datel tool battery since I dont' know anyone with a mod'd psp

Warrior114
June 25th, 2008, 18:28
I used this link http://www.blastprocessing.net/?page_id=20

It details every thing I had to do for modding my psp slim. Only thing you need is a pandora battery and a memory stick(not a pandora mem stick .. there are programs the link uses that create it). Although I believe it talks about that if you have access to a psp that's already modded you can softmod your battery into a pandora battery. Then turn it back into a normal one after your done modding.

That link is what I used to mod my psp. I just read the whole thing very carefully and took my time. Only issue is that one of the programs you need will not work in Vista, you have to have access to xp or lower. So I had to switch to my other pc.. no biggie.

Just remember your mem stick gets formatted during all this so back up what you need to.

p.s. .. guess I should mention that I had gotten the datel tool battery since I dont' know anyone with a mod'd psp

Awesome, thanks dude, Yeah I have Xp and I have a normal memory stick and normal battery, but I also have a Normal slim psp...I will have a try at this and see what happens...thanks again

Turbo D
July 8th, 2008, 06:07
I'd just like to say that I got my jigkick to work as a normal battery. I hardmodded it by ripping out the pin. I did it to mod my slim and wasn't expecting it to work as a normal battery afterwards either. It still works as a jigkick as well. I'm not bullshitting either!

skipore
July 15th, 2008, 21:23
yes you can use the psp slim battery as a normal battery just use dark alexs time machine. You can download it from his site.

aaaaaaa79000
August 13th, 2008, 19:55
Visit this website it helps and it has PSP magic memory stick pre made file so they already are made just copy and paste soooooooooooooooo easy.NOOB Friendly
http://www.freewebs.com/pspm33hack/index.htm
HELPFUL

socom58
January 28th, 2009, 03:50
same here when injecting ipl on mine it boots into xmb normaly but if i push the up button it boots into pandora menu.

aa_rox
February 1st, 2009, 13:12
Or just go to:
http://tinyurl.com/pb2normal
It occupies only 1 kb its what I use.