PDA

View Full Version : Noel Silvia implies 2.40 is very close.

wraggster
June 23rd, 2008, 00:46
In a post regarding PSP themes, a user named “Stunt” asked to be updated on some 2.40 info. Noel’s response can be read right underneath Stunt’s question.

Stunt | June 20th, 2008 at 8:58 pm

Noel, my friend, do you know when we will be updated on the v2.40 update Eric Lempel mentioned in the v2.36 post? I hope we don’t have to wait until next week.

Thanks!

Noel Silvia replied on June 21, 2008 at 1:34 pm
Eric’s working hard to get everything set for the launch of Firmware 2.40, including a video walkthrough.
I can’t comment on when (as I don’t know the exactly date!), but I’m just as excited as all of you for it.
Trophy Support + In-Game Messaging FTW!

____

Let’s go on a run-down on what this little comment actually confirms.

“Eric’s working hard to get everything set for the launch of Firmware 2.40″ - This means that 2.40 is completed because he says that Eric is getting everything set for the launch of 2.40, which means the firmware itself is done and complete, they just need to get everything ready (Checklist, video walkthrough, uploading to the PSN, setting servers for new firmware, etc.,). Especially for an update this important they want to make this update error-free.
“…including a video walkthrough.” This means that they probably already have 2.40 installed on a Retail PLAYSTATION3 system…which also implies that 2.40 is actually complete. It also means that everything is ready and successful and all kinks are worked out. To top it all off, it means that we’re going to see the real Official Firmware in-action for the first time, including a possible list of games that support trophies and a glance at In-game XMB.
“Trophy Support + In-Game Messaging FTW!” Yikes, what does this mean. It may mean a lot of head ache for Sony, or it could just mean that’s Noel Silvia’s most important features. A lot of people really want In-Game Music…and if those are the only features in 2.40 and no in-game Music, Sony’s really going to hear it. Although, personally I would be just fine with the Universal Friends list, In-Game Messaging.

http://xmbonline.net/?p=58

Napalm-Death
June 23rd, 2008, 00:51
I really, really hope that there's in-game music. This is doubtful but I hope that there is in-game music for backwards compatible titles too...

samhain138
June 23rd, 2008, 02:05
i can bet u it will come either this tuesday or next..no later. every firmware update to date has been released on tuesday nights. and taking from what Noel said and the assumption that it must be done, my guess is this tuesday night. Sony promised the update b4 E3 and this is as close as ever.

mike03$$$
June 23rd, 2008, 16:02
speak about speculation dang but hope its out monday or tuesday night

DPyro
June 23rd, 2008, 17:32
Probably July 2nd, and it will have in-game music too...