PDA

View Full Version : New Slim PSP, Need Help !

ADRiiAN`
June 23rd, 2008, 19:50
Hey everyone. I just registered her at DCEmu and just want to say hi and that I need some help!

This is my 1st PSP, and I'm totally lost haha. I usually can do this hacking stuff by just reading, but now, I'm just lost.

I got a 4GB Memory stick for my PSP, My firmware is 4.00 and PSP-2001PB model. and I just have a few questions.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with the whole process?

I understand a bit, this is what I understand :

- I need a pandora battery, I saw one at dealsextreme for $10.50. Probably going to order one. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12472

- I understand that you cannot use a pandora battery as the PSP's actual battery.

- I know that you need a 'magic memory stick', can I download the files and put that on my 4GB stick? And then wipe out those files and use my 4GB stick again or should I purchase a cheap 512MB stick and keep it seperate for Pandora's Battery?

- I downloaded DA's CFW 3.90 M33_3, and my firmware is 4.00, so i'm guessing it's not going to work, but I read the Readme, and it says I need '3.52 M33-3 or higher'. Can I install 3.52 right now and then wait until CFW 4.00 M33_3 comes out and install that?

- My understanding is that Dark Alex's CFW 4.00 is not out yet, only 3.90 M33_2 & M33_3 (Can someone tell me the difference between _2 and _3?) I do not mind waiting since the battery still has to come.

- As well, i'm guessing this void's the PSP's warranty?

- And I download GPSP for gameboy advanced games on my PSP, I need CFW for that too, right?

Thanks a huge load for anyone helping me !

Warrior114
June 25th, 2008, 01:05
That sounds right from all the research I did, but I don't know about the Magic memory stick, I don't think you need a spare one, because once your psp is downgraded you can do whatever you want...
but check with others first because I'm a noob

id12
July 10th, 2008, 07:08
hi im new & i have a psp slim its multi system already but the problem is accidentaly upgrade the firmware to ver. 4.01 then now i try to recover i use recovery but the problem is i cant open the recovery menu itry many times switch off & hold R trigger + power its not working,,,pls help me for this,,,how can i open the recovery then start to downgrade again..

pls email me [email protected]

thanks

totalwise
August 15th, 2008, 01:36
Hello ADRiiAN

You need to be away of a few issues about the pandora, currently the newest line of PSP with TA-088 v2 motherboards cannot install custom firmware.

TA-088 cannot creat pandora, but do run pandora batteries and install firmware from meory sticks. I was one of the unfortunate ones so I had to buy a pandora, and got mine from Pandora Battery (http://www.pandoragadgets.co.uk).

You can create a memory stick from following instractions so don't bother buying a MMS/jigstick.

My worry is that you are on PSP-2001 which I think has a TA-088 v2 motherbaord that does not install any firmware that is not signed by sony (m33 firmware).

So I just thought id let you know..

Total

robskillz
October 1st, 2008, 12:13
Yes, if your PSP came with 4.00 firmware or above it is possibly a TA-088 v3 motherboard. These cannot currently be flashed with custom firmware. The TA-088 v2 PSP *can* be flashed using a DC v7 magic memory stick and a Pandora Battery (http://www.phiine.com/), so make sure your magic memory stick is a v7 one.