PDA

View Full Version : Man's Wii Fit experiment comes to an end, 15 pounds shed

wraggster
June 23rd, 2008, 22:59
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/06/wii-fit-06-23-08.jpg

As you may recall, Mickey DeLorenzo rose to some degree of internet stardom a little over a year ago by dropping a whopping nine pounds using Wii Sports as his sole exercise routine and, after packing on a few pounds, he decided to give it another go using Nintendo's latest weight-shedding wonder: Wii Fit. Unlike a certain other would-be success story, DeLorenzo actually managed to complete his experiment, and the results are fairly impressive. After 45 days, he managed to shed a full 15 pounds, or about 2.56 pounds a week, and he dropped his body fat % from 20.8% to 18.4%. Of course, DeLorenzo admits that doing anything involving movment an extra 60 minutes a day will result in some weight loss, but he seems pretty sold on the benefits of Wii Fit, saying that it made it "especially easy" to work the training into his daily life.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/23/mans-wii-fit-experiment-comes-to-an-end-15-pounds-shed/

AlanSmithee
June 24th, 2008, 14:21
And it also improved his eye sight! amazing!

pastperfeckt
June 24th, 2008, 15:18
lol Alansmithee :)
i also dought that this development is based on wiifit

urherenow
June 25th, 2008, 06:23
pastperfeckt...

have you even tried it? Get off your lazy butt and do so and you wouldn't say such a thing. This game takes very simple excercizes and forces you to do them CORRECTLY.
Take simple lunges for instance. It measures just how much of your weight you're applying to your front leg and for a good score you must keep it around half.

If you actually do pushups correctly (knees off of the floor and ass out of the air) then obeying the timing the game gives you adds to the difficulty and really does produce results.

And the same with any other excersise program. YOU MUST DO IT! Not just once in a blue moon but regularly. I personally shed 2 pounds within the first 4 days I had it. (haven't used it in a while so I probably added them back, but that's beside the point)

Last thing about excersize that might not be as well known as it should be. FACT: A person with more muscle mass burns more calories doing absolutely nothing than a person with less muscle mass. So... if you actually start building your muscle using the jack-knives, push-ups and what not then you will actually slowly start increasing the ammount of calories burned during your workout... without even changing your workout! Just keep in mind that your muscles will only develop so much without change (in frequesncy and/or difficulty).

____anders____
June 26th, 2008, 04:06
i think it's a great "game", i haven't played it but it looks like it will give you good exercise.

ICE
June 26th, 2008, 05:25
It is not a game first off. Second it makes an excellent part of a full active lifestyle.