PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Channel Reveals Hard Truths About Wii Play, Boom Blox, More

wraggster
June 24th, 2008, 00:27
Anyone who obsesses over NPD numbers, Media Create data and other signifying-nothing sales info needs to get over themselves. There's a new numbers obsession to be had: the Nintendo Channel.

As of last Monday the Wii's Nintendo Channel in the U.S. started spitting out usage stats for most Wii games. Anyone who opted in and let Nintendo snoop into their play history has been contributing to a public trove of great game usage data. And we can now use these numbers for speculation at cocktail parties and on our favorite forums. Nintendo may have just unleashed the best new tool for message board argument since the animated GIF.

To wit: did you think people only bought Wii Play for the remote? If so, you're wrong. The Nintendo Channel reports that its data-sharing users have played this game for more then four million hours, averaging nine hours per person. They're actually playing this game! The channel also indicates that people who own or rented Wii Play have played it an average of 9.75 times. So much for the remote theory.

http://kotaku.com/5018904/nintendo-channel-reveals-hard-truths-about-wii-play-boom-blox-more

agenericperson
June 24th, 2008, 01:06
I had to re-read this. At first, I thought it was about Wii Fit. But Wii Play? I almost thought about getting that just for the extra controller. Now I'm regretting my decision.

vicious1988
June 24th, 2008, 02:47
I for one like Wii Play. Laser hockey is the shit. Love tanks. And the cow racing can be fun.

The Hombrew Hunter
June 24th, 2008, 05:04
Tanks is probably the absolute highlight of Wii Play. Co-op is awesome.

Shooting Range is kinda fun as well. Or whatever it's called.

Fishing is a nice distraction and Billiards is cool.

Graxer0419
June 24th, 2008, 09:19
It will be really interesting to see how many times Twilight Princess has been booted up on average. What with the Twilight Hack.

Jay6
June 24th, 2008, 09:47
^Much less than Brawl, probably. I probably would have liked Brawl more if it had good online like Mario Kart Wii.

vicious1988
June 24th, 2008, 16:28
Everything would be better w/o the friend code system.