PDA

View Full Version : Snes9x beta version rev. 70 - Snes Emulator for Gamecube and Wii

wraggster
June 24th, 2008, 01:17
Askot (http://code.google.com/p/snes9xgx143/) has released a new version of the Snes Emulator for Gamecube and Wii

Features
Four player support
Mode 7, Super FX, SDD1, SRTC, SA-1, DSP1, DSP2 support
Partial DSP4 support
Gamecube Features
Read files from DVD, SD Gecko.
Supports snes, zip files.
Save SRAM and State files to Memory Card or SD Gecko.
Wii Features
Read games or write SRAM and State files to the WiiSD, Memory Card, or SD Gecko.

Download and give feedback via comments

Nintendo Maniac 64
June 24th, 2008, 02:32
Any idea if this version names SRM files the same as their originating rom? It's a pain in the butt to transfer save files when you don't even know what game it's for >_<.

davidw89
June 24th, 2008, 05:46
Any ideas on how to load it up with the Homebrew Channel?? Can anyone make a .WAD of this?

Nintendo Maniac 64
June 24th, 2008, 07:00
You don't need a WAD for the Homebrew Channel. Just put either the .dol or .elf into its own folder in your app directory and rename the .dol/.elf to boot (while keeping the file extension)

Rotheit
June 24th, 2008, 08:29
How do you go about creating the rom folders? what do you name them? do you need save folders aswell?

whYeNQue
June 24th, 2008, 13:35
when are they going to officially start supporting the wiimote&nunchuck&classic controllers.

KristenBaldousor
June 24th, 2008, 17:03
yes you nees, you need to put a roms folder inside a snes9x on your root, it should look like this. 'll imply that g is you sd card drive letter

g:\snes9x\roms\

and for the saves, there should be a saves folder inside the snes9x folder as well. something like this

g:\snes9x\saves\

Rotheit
June 24th, 2008, 17:05
Thanks you very much! =3

boryc
June 24th, 2008, 19:55
In Super Metroid new version has synchronization problems with vertical scrolling (like going from location to location), old one scrolled smoothly.

h2923j42n2
June 26th, 2008, 05:24
Any idea if this version names SRM files the same as their originating rom? It's a pain in the butt to transfer save files when you don't even know what game it's for >_<.

I use this version, and checked my card to see how it saved the SRAM for Super Mario All-Stars + World. Apparently, it does not name them the same as the ROM. My SRM file is an eight character hex code.

SoWErA
June 26th, 2008, 17:02
When I try to start this rev(70) I get this problem with Homebrew channel:
this is not a valid wii application

I checked Homebrew channels homepage and there it says:

I'm getting the following error: "this is not a valid wii application"
Yell at the author of that application, he uses a non standard base address.

h2923j42n2
June 26th, 2008, 18:44
When I try to start this rev(70) I get this problem with Homebrew channel:
this is not a valid wii application

I checked Homebrew channels homepage and there it says:

I'm getting the following error: "this is not a valid wii application"
Yell at the author of that application, he uses a non standard base address.

Try to delete the ELF file off of the SD card, download this file again, and copy the ELF file to the SD card again. Make sure it is renamed to 'boot.elf'. I got this error with FCEU, and after I did this, it worked on both the Homebrew Channel and Twilight Hack. I think that the file sometimes gets corrupted when being wrote to the SD card.

SoWErA
June 26th, 2008, 19:19
I did it and now it loads at least however next problem now the controls won't respond and if i try to click a on the control after a moment it just tries to sync again but it then goes lights out and i can only repeat that and the mario animation keeps circling (animation working) so why is the controls now not working

h2923j42n2
June 26th, 2008, 19:25
I did it and now it loads at least however next problem now the controls won't respond and if i try to click a on the control after a moment it just tries to sync again but it then goes lights out and i can only repeat that and the mario animation keeps circling (animation working) so why is the controls now not working

I assume that you are using the Wii controls. I don't believe that those are supported in this version. If that is so, you will need to use a GameCube controller.

SoWErA
June 26th, 2008, 19:41
I just found it out to :( why did they remove the ability to use them in this version :( all I want is an emulator where i can play Secret of Mana with 2 friends

h2923j42n2
June 26th, 2008, 19:48
I just found it out to :( why did they remove the ability to use them in this version :( all I want is an emulator where i can play Secret of Mana with 2 friends

You can try these two versions, although I think they only support up to two players...

SNES9X 3.1 LoPsT (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=116116)
SNES9X 3.0 LoPsT (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=115819)

There is no official version that has Wii Remote support yet, so it was not removed. Any version that does have it is an unofficial version.

SoWErA
June 26th, 2008, 20:08
oh I see :( and you are correct LoPsT releases got support for only 2

Brainy142
June 27th, 2008, 15:20
super eagle support would rock

gary_abernethy2
November 14th, 2009, 17:59
do any of these SNES emulators support saving to the big gamecube memory cards or 2 gig sd cards?