PDA

View Full Version : New official PSP battery pack for Japan, Euro release dates

wraggster
October 4th, 2005, 19:20
Source - Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=61140)

Sony's announced that it plans to release a new battery pack for the PlayStation Portable in Japan. We'd been hoping for this for a while of course, so it's slightly disappointing to learn that it merely lasts up to 20 per cent longer - but still, it's something. The Pack, part number PSP-280, should retail for 5,300 yen, which isn't much more than £26 / €38.

Meantime, Sony's European arm (the UK finger, specifically), has confirmed a few dates for upcoming software. Twisted Metal: Head On is now due on November 4th, followed by Namco Museum Battle Collection (Nov 11th) and Pursuit Force (Nov 18th). World Rally Championship is also due out in November.

A few days later, Go! Sudoku will be with us on December 2nd - and Sony's latest missive confirms that, curiously, it's Sumo Digital handling the puzzle compilation. Sumo's past work includes the Xbox version of OutRun2 and Codemasters' PSP port of TOCA Race Driver 2. How queer!

Further beyond, Q1 2006 will apparently see the release of Lemmings, Ape Escape: On The Loose and Key of Heaven, while the excellent TalkMan has yet to be dated.

Finally, Sony's also lined up a new PSP-branded Memory Stick Pro DUO for Japan. It's a 1GB model, priced at 9,500 yen - the basic difference between this and the regular Memory Stick Duo being the lower price. We don't understand either.

jimjamjahaa
October 4th, 2005, 21:56
20% aint bad

however, i have no problems with battery life.

just charge it every night and it never runs out unless i am playing wirelessly for hours.

however it is good to know that if my battery gets old there is an even better one for me to get.

Psychondrius
October 4th, 2005, 23:34
The current PSP battery life is 1700mAh (miliamp hours). So if you add 20%, it should make it 2040mAh... thats almost 2100. My Ni-MH AA batteries last longer than that at 3200. I think I'll wait for a 2800-3200mAh battery to come out...

- Psycho

Edit: forgot to put in AA batteries.

JoshM248
October 5th, 2005, 03:10
Whoopie lol 20% more... O.o :eek:

Elbereth
October 5th, 2005, 12:06
The current PSP battery life is 1700mAh (miliamp hours). So if you add 20%, it should make it 2040mAh... thats almost 2100. My Ni-MH AA batteries last longer than that at 3200. I think I'll wait for a 2800-3200mAh battery to come out...

- Psycho

Edit: forgot to put in AA batteries.

The current PSP battery life is 1800mAh.
The new one is 2200mAh (so more or less 20%).

So indeed that increase seems a little bit low, the release of that upgraded battery was expected a long time ago.

There is some external batteries that does up to 4200mAh.

Psychondrius
October 5th, 2005, 22:21
The current PSP battery life is 1800mAh.
The new one is 2200mAh (so more or less 20%).

So indeed that increase seems a little bit low, the release of that upgraded battery was expected a long time ago.

There is some external batteries that does up to 4200mAh.

Yep, i dont know why i thought it was 1700... i thought i looked at it and thats what it said. strange...

- Psycho