PDA

View Full Version : SXT Version Changer V2.01

wraggster
October 4th, 2005, 19:38
This site isnt tied to any hackers or teams so we can bring you the best in impartial news as what you would expect and heres the latest release from Yoshihiro (http://www.sonyxteam.com/) and co:

Yoshihiro and SXT are proud to bring you
The First Firmware Trickz for Gamez that need Firmware 1.52 2.00 or 2.01
to run on your PSP and Cant Run UPDATER 1.52 or 2.0
The System think it's a PSP v1.52 ,v1.0 ,v2.0, V2.1
even if its a v1.5 or 1.0 .
Backups your original index.dat with the filename vc_bak_index.dat
on the memory stick root.

<------------------------- How To : -------------------------------->

Unrar the file and put the Folders into :
X:/PSP/GAMES/
Then follow the instructions on the screen
Square : Trick to Firm 2.0
Circle : Back to Firm v1.50
Cross : Back to Firm v1.00
Triangle : Trick to Firmware v2.1
When is done you can go to System Settings =>
System Information and Check Your System Version :=)
Then launch the game!
Enjoy!!

Download via the comments and thanks to all who sent this news :)

Festizzio
October 4th, 2005, 20:41
Sony keeps throwin em, and we keep knockin em right out of the park! :D

xuphorz
October 4th, 2005, 21:03
roflol :) :D :) :D

sony, just stop, we're gonna keep doing it :D

Shapyi
October 4th, 2005, 21:06
Alright before everyone gets all :D about this... in 2.01 the index.dat that has the Version of the PSP is encrypted. When you try to run a UMD that requires 2.01 it will see that your index is NOT encrypted and won't run. Sorry to be a spoil sport, but thats just how it works now. Its to prevent hackers from putting a index.dat with 1.00 so they can downgrade.

Plude220
October 4th, 2005, 23:03
Maybe but have you actually tryed a umd that has to have 2.01 to support what you said?

*o*
October 4th, 2005, 23:06
if i tricked my firmware to 2.01 and then wanted to upgrade could i just trick it to 1.50?

eretsua
October 5th, 2005, 09:30
is it a permanent adjustment you make to your PSP's firmware? Like will it forever think that it's 2.01 or will the version changer beremoved again once you "reboot" your psp and be back on it's original frimware number?

urherenow
October 5th, 2005, 15:50
permanent until you launch it again and change the version number to something else...

Clifford_Ball
October 5th, 2005, 21:30
Worked for me!! I have a version 1.50 psp and I just bought Frantix last night. I was extremely dismayed to find out I was going to have to upgrade to at least 1.52 to make the game work. I had planned on returning the game today (or buying another PSP which would be beyond my budget at this point) but I tried this app instead. It worked like a charm. I changed the firmware to 2.00 with this app, played Frantix and then reverted back to 1.50 (again, using this app) and launched my NES emulator and had no problems whatsoever. THANK YOU Yoshihiro and SXT and SCREW YOU SONY!!! :) Well, not really, they did make the PSP after all, I just wish they werent such jerks about it. This app shoud win an award or something, its truly revolutionary!

cfscorpio
October 5th, 2005, 21:46
If anyone who reads this is planning on getting Virtua Tennis please let me know if it will work?

*o*
October 5th, 2005, 23:49
just wondering if i change my version 2.01 will that mean i wont be able to play homebrew?

Pagnell
October 6th, 2005, 13:56
If anyone who reads this is planning on getting Virtua Tennis please let me know if it will work?

I can confirm this works with Virtua Tennis and F1. I'm not too sure about any other games though as these are the only two that require 1.52 I own.

SmashinGit
October 6th, 2005, 14:17
*o* just wondering if i change my version 2.01 will that mean i wont be able to play homebrew?

If you change it using the update then no, if you change it using this program then yes.

drmrsanta
October 6th, 2005, 19:50
Worked for me!! I have a version 1.50 psp and I just bought Frantix last night. I was extremely dismayed to find out I was going to have to upgrade to at least 1.52 to make the game work. I had planned on returning the game today (or buying another PSP which would be beyond my budget at this point) but I tried this app instead. It worked like a charm. I changed the firmware to 2.00 with this app, played Frantix and then reverted back to 1.50 (again, using this app) and launched my NES emulator and had no problems whatsoever. THANK YOU Yoshihiro and SXT and SCREW YOU SONY!!! :) Well, not really, they did make the PSP after all, I just wish they werent such jerks about it. This app shoud win an award or something, its truly revolutionary!

Im fairly sure this program just makes it think you are running 2.0, even though it is actually 1.5. So you shouldnt have to switch back and forth just to run homebrew. NesterJ works fine on mine, running what it thinks is 2.0.

*o*
October 6th, 2005, 23:37
ok thanks

cfscorpio
October 7th, 2005, 19:54
I can confirm this works with Virtua Tennis and F1. I'm not too sure about any other games though as these are the only two that require 1.52 I own.

Thanks for the help! I'm going to get me a copy of Virtua Tennis today!

Green_Hawk
October 18th, 2005, 21:16
So is it confirmed that the 2.01 mode is broken? Because all I want is to play GTA:LCS singleplayer and have homebrew as well, so does anyone know which version GTA:LCS needs?

maqfanpsp
October 27th, 2005, 07:12
thank you for your share

vincesecuricor2005
October 27th, 2005, 09:11
not broken its just that gta uses something that only the actual 2.00 firmware and above have

cfscorpio
October 27th, 2005, 18:36
So this won't work for GTA: LCS?

pspfr33k
October 27th, 2005, 19:14
A simple no

vincesecuricor2005
October 28th, 2005, 01:50
sucks dont it, also fifa 06 is a little dodgy with 1.50 + version changer

tjradiohead
December 17th, 2005, 23:37
Are people still using this program?