PDA

View Full Version : Woman drivers!!

Darksaviour69
June 25th, 2008, 09:46
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44776000/jpg/_44776227_a2ae64fc-ba52-42ab-bdba-6802365e91d1.jpg

Police are investigating a crash in which a £30,000 SUV ended up parked on top of two other cars, one of them a Porsche sports car worth up to £45,000.

It happened at about 1700 BST in the car park of the Co-Op supermarket on Belfast's Lisburn Road.

It is believed the female driver may have mistakenly put the automatic Lexus into drive instead of reverse.

When she accelerated, the car mounted the Porsche and a Toyota Celica which were parked directly in front of her.

The Porsche Boxster was damaged on its wing and bonnet, while the Toyota Celica was crushed.

Both cars were damaged, although the SUV escaped largely unscathed

One person, believed to be the Porsche driver, was taken to hospital.

His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.

Dominic Montague, who works in a nearby coffee shop, saw the aftermath of the crash.

"I saw the woman who drove the jeep and she just looked befuddled, she couldn't really understand what was going on - which is probably understandable enough if you drove a car out over two other cars," he said.

The BBC spoke to the driver of the Toyota, but he said he was "not in the mood to give interviews".

via bbc news (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7472490.stm)

this happen just down the street where I live. lol

beetroot bertie
June 25th, 2008, 13:31
:)

POVaOvog2X0

donmichaelcorleone
June 25th, 2008, 17:22
Women drivers are terrible, lol @ beetroot berties clip.

jamotto
June 25th, 2008, 17:51
Wow, you know that you need more parking spaces when people start trying to park between cars a-la Police Academy 1 style.

mike_jmg
June 26th, 2008, 18:04
Woman drivers = scary

ICE
June 26th, 2008, 18:56
U_sdMYUmMQ0

Shrygue
June 26th, 2008, 19:28
Haha, that sounds freaky but funny. I wonder how that one managed to veer off the road like that - maybe not paying attention on the job?

Eviltaco64
June 26th, 2008, 21:20
Watch the woman blame it on everyone else for giving her a slightly stressful day (especially her husband) and tell everyone that accidents happen. lol

bah
June 27th, 2008, 11:08
Old men can be just as bad.

My sister was back in the country 1 day, was stopped at some traffic lights with cars stationary in front and behind her.
Old guy reverses out of a shops driveway into the side of her car (reversing onto a main road without looking, lucky the traffic was not moving), stopped, moved forwards, backed into her again, THEN realised what he had done, parked his car and came over to apologise.

His insurance covered the repairs but it was just so ridiculously stupid/dangerous that it really suggests that guy should not be on the road.

Normally, guys tend to drive beyond their limits and mess up, women seem to just do stupid shit that makes no sense.