PDA

View Full Version : Digital Comics on WiiWare

Shrygue
June 25th, 2008, 18:21
via IGN (http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/884/884140p1.html)

Nintendo's WiiWare service is going to be expanding beyond games shortly. Sun Denshi announced today plans to distribute digital comics through the Japanese version of the service starting later this summer.

The company will be forming a new Sunsoft Books brand for distributing content through the service. Wii owners will be able to view the digital comics using a viewer application that was developed internally at Sun.

Sun is kicking off the new initiative in a major way, with an original manga produced by Reiji Matsumoto, creator of the Space Battleship Yamato series. The company plans on first distributing the manga through the new WiiWare service, then expanding the new property to games, anime, books, pachinko and other media.

TVarmy
June 26th, 2008, 04:07
I don't mean to be a killjoy, but doesn't reading a lot of text on a standard-def TV from across the room hurt your eyes? Even in the format of a graphic novel, I can't imagine this being much more enjoyable than simply buying the paper version or reading a PDF or its DRM equivalent on a computer monitor.

I guess the big idea is the novelty of the thing? Or is this one place out of many that would display graphic novels a person bought?

Yes, I know graphic novel is a pretentious name, but I use it to lump together any type of book that primarily mixes speech bubbles and illustrations.

Shuichi
June 27th, 2008, 00:57
I dunno, for Sonic Mega Collection I read the comics on there pretty fine with no eye irratation.

davidw89
June 27th, 2008, 03:01
Damnit my Wii is already full
Is there anyway to upgrade the 512MB internal memory?