PDA

View Full Version : PSP phone for Christmas 2009?

Shrygue
June 25th, 2008, 18:56
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=191692)

Sony is currently working on a PSP-branded phone for the Christmas season of 2009, Japanese and Korean sources are claiming again.

The company is using the PSP as its model for the phone and intends to incorporate many of its key features into the new device.

Analysts speaking to Marketing Week also claimed that it would be "relatively easy" to convert as it already incorporates wi-fi.

The move would put Sony's relationship with Ericsson into jeopardy, but insiders are reporting that the relationship is already "frosty" at best. Probably because Ericsson bosses keep reading all these reports online about Sony making a PlayStation phone.

According to (yet another) insider, internal conversations have already confirmed that Sony would "never give its PlayStation branding" to the Sony Ericsson joint venture.

It's hardly confirmation, but it sounds more than just a rumour. Enough for us to consider not joining the iPhone cult, anyway.

Buddy4point0
June 25th, 2008, 19:12
Stupid.
I have a cell phone.
I have a psp.
Iphone is retarted.
Copying retarted Ideas makes you stupid.

kjetil1991
June 25th, 2008, 21:03
maybe im going to switch this one whit my old sonyericsson

Veskgar
June 26th, 2008, 00:03
If they keep it a PSP first and foremost but add design tweaks to allow cell phone capability it could turn out to be pretty cool.

mike_jmg
June 26th, 2008, 00:23
nah, it sounds a bit impossible and battery life would suck.... more :p

They need some better bateries, then they can make whatever they please

Art
June 26th, 2008, 00:33
Analysts speaking to Marketing Week also claimed that it would be "relatively easy" to convert as it already incorporates wi-fi.

This leads me to believe the article was originally written by a school kid.

johnata
June 26th, 2008, 19:47
This will be great too. All in one...

ICE
June 26th, 2008, 20:23
This leads me to believe the article was originally written by a school kid.

Lol what are you talking about? Wifi is exactly the same as cell phone tech! :rolleyes:

megaxzeo
June 26th, 2008, 20:25
I think i recall someone else trying to turn a hand held into a cell phone. The N-Gage. :rofl: