PDA

View Full Version : D2PRO D2B 5 wire install multi region help

dno32
June 26th, 2008, 14:04
Looking for some help with multi region.

I have installed a D2PRO mod chip using the 5 wire install because my drive is a D2B. The instructions state that I don't need to solder the extra four region wires or bridge the jumper. The chip works fine for all PAL games but it won't run US games. The instructions say that I have to insert and play an OWN REGION game once the chip is installed which will set the region of the console (i.e. PAL) then US games should work. I have tried this but when I select start from the Disc Channel all I get is a blank screen. I have managed to get Zelda working by using freeloader, but once my firmware (currently at 3.2) is updated it will stop freeloader working and it would be nice to get the chip working fully.

Has anyone had the same issue ?
Has anyone got any suggestions?
Solder the extra four wire perhaps?

Support for the D2PRO is none existent I wish I checked first before I bought one otherwise I would have bought an argon.

Hope someone can help.

kongsnutz
June 26th, 2008, 16:14
i would say solder the extra 4 wires as i have 9 wire install and it all works fine so go for it

dno32
June 26th, 2008, 16:22
Thanks for the reply I will give it a go

What drive chipset do you have?

dno32
July 7th, 2008, 11:03
I have now done 3 d2pro installs, two 5 wire on D2B and one 9 wire on D2C but multi region does not work on all three. I have to use freeloader to get the Wii games to work and Gamecube games do not work at all.

Any suggestions?

mgoker
August 4th, 2008, 22:04
Having exactly same problem with my installation. Any update on this problem? Freeloader also is not working with my Wii.

dno32
August 5th, 2008, 09:14
I found out that not all US games will work on a PAL Wii with a D2PRO installed. Google GBAtemp for the compatibility lists.

So if the game doesnt work you can wait for an SPI update or get a PAL version.

I did have some success with US gamecube games by creating a GCOS boot dvd which allows region changing. I managed to run all of my US GC games this way.