PDA

View Full Version : Neo-Geo CD Emulation question

Fakk2
October 4th, 2005, 20:51
Ok, I have 1.50 now and I ran SNES, Genesis, NES, TG-16. All of them ran just fine. My question is this, The Neo-Geo CD Emulator, How do I get the CD Audio files to play? I have every NeoCD ever made (I even cracked all the protections from the games), only 1 of them contains no audio files. (Puzzle Bobble) I was able to put that disc's data on the MS and the game runs fine off of it. So I thought I would then try the next easiest cd game (League Bowling). League Bowling has only 1 Audio track. I figure if I can simply get this game working good I should have no problems with the rest of them. Well I read the readme files over and over again and I cannot get the audio files to play to save my life!! Anyone who knows how to properly work this emulator please tell me step by step what im doing wrong. I got that 1 audio file in MP3 format and I tried several different ways to put it on the MS Duo but it wont play that 1 audio file. The game plays fine, but it wont play that 1 audio file?? Help!

I tried putting the MP3 in a seperate folder (aka a sub folder) inside the main games folder called neocd.mp3, I also tried putting the MP3 directly in the games folder with no sub folders, I also tried leaving it in WAV format and tried the two ways above and that also doesn't work?! The MP3 I named Track-02.mp3 What can I do to make this work?

EX.

PSP-->(folder) GAME-->(folder) NEO-->(folder with the Emulator and its files)NEOCDs-->(folder with the games) League Bowling (all the files in this folder)-->neocd.mp3 (mp3 stored in this folder)

What did I do wrong?

What is the Frequency and Bitrate need to be set at for the MP3s?

Please give me an example of how to get League Bowling to work, or how you got it running. Can someone provide a download of the MP3 track you have for that game thats working? Im dying trying to get this working properly. :P

monkeyspank
October 5th, 2005, 09:27
The only thing you have done differently to me that I can think of is that you need to take the NEOCDs folder out, but I can't imagine that matters at all. I have my games in folders directly in the top level NEOCD folder - i.e. PSP\GAME\NEOCD\METALSLUG\(files in here)

Then I have the mp3s in a folder within the METALSLUG folder, in a folder like so: PSP\GAME\NEOCD\METALSLUG\NEOCD.mp3\metal slug - track2.mp3

Bit rate is 96kbps and the frequency is 44kHz.

Hope this helps.